A Brazilian man, Juraci Rosa Alves, was declared dead by a doctor at a hospital due to respiratory failure. However, while his body was being prepared for a wake at a funeral home, staff detected signs of life and attempted to revive him. The man was rushed to a hospital in Presidente Prudente, Brazil, where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
A Brazilian man has 'come back from the dead' after a funeral home realized he was still breathing as they prepared his body for his wake.
Juraci Rosa Alves was admitted to a hospital on May 16, where a doctor declared him dead due to respiratory failure. A funeral home was then called and Alves, 88, was transported there for standard post-death procedures. But while staff were preparing the body for the wake, they detected signs of life. Jacqueline Brogiato, the funeral home's technical nursing supervisor, told local media: 'Our funeral staff carried out the transfer as a standard procedure.
'When they arrived at the laboratory and placed him on the table, they noticed unusual movement in the abdomen and were unsure whether it was breathing. 'At first, when we realized there were vital signs, our only thought was to save him. 'So I carried out the initial care, trying to clear his airway until emergency services arrived.
'Everything happened very quickly – when they arrived, the doctor immediately began sedating and intubating him so he could be taken to the healthcare facility. ' Juraci Rosa Alves was rushed to a hospital in Presidente Prudente, Brazil, where he remained as of the latest update on May 18. A relative told local media: 'My aunt had gone home to prepare the paperwork and the clothes my grandad was going to wear for the wake.
'When they arrived there, my aunt and my cousin thought the delay seemed strange. 'Then my cousin was told he had been taken to the funeral home to prepare the body and, once there, the funeral home staff noticed vital signs – he was breathing and moving. ' Police were informed and have registered the case as 'failure to provide assistance'. They have not released the name of the doctor who declared Alves dead.
Alves, a resident of Emilianópolis, remains intubated in the ICU in a serious but stable condition. His family's lawyer, Carlos Alberto Carneiro, told local media: 'According to the hospital currently treating Mr Juraci, the situation may have worsened his condition due to his age and the amount of time he spent without proper care and treatment.
' The original hospital in Presidente Bernardes has said it will open an internal inquiry into the incident and is 'available to provide any necessary clarification.
Brazilian Man Declared Dead Respiratory Failure Funeral Home Revival Attempt President Prudente Hospital
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Thunder's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander secures back-to-back NBA MVP awards: reportOklahoma City Thunder star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is reportedly set to win back-to-back NBA MVP honors, edging out finalists Jokic and Wembanyama.
Read more »
ICE Barbie’s South Dakota Past Comes Back to Haunt HerDonald J. Trump
Read more »
PlayStation Plus is getting more expensive right before everyone comes backSony’s latest PS Plus hike targets monthly and three-month subscribers, right before GTA 6 is expected to bring a wave of players back to online multiplayer.
Read more »
Brazilian man survives after funeral home realizes he's still breathing - RIP?The incident occurred when Juraci Rosa Alves was admitted to a hospital, declared dead due to respiratory failure, and then transported to a funeral home to undergo post-death procedures. However, staff at the funeral home detected signs of life and proceeded with emergency measures until emergency services arrived.
Read more »




