DA interim leader John Steenhuisen said Covid-19 infections would inevitably rise significantly and that the economy had to be opened immediately.
“We cannot remain trapped by the fear of the duration of Covid-19 because this illness could be with us for the next two years.
“We don’t have another two weeks. That is why the DA has now decided to take further action because somebody has to and the president won’t. The DA is currently waging a legal battle against the government over the use of the broad based black economic empowerment policy as the criteria for the Covid-19 relief for small and medium businesses.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Durban tenants claims landlords are demanding rent despite lockdownTenants fear they might be left out on the street because they cannot afford to pay their rent during lockdown. PostKZN
Read more »
Lesotho records its first Covid-19 case amid political upheavalLesotho recorded its first case of Covid-19 on Wednesday, the health ministry said, becoming the last country in southern and East Africa to be afflicted by the virus.
Read more »
Lesotho records first COVID-19 caseLesotho recorded its first case of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the health ministry said, becoming the last country in Africa to be afflicted by the virus.
Read more »
'I lived in fear of infecting my son': nurses on the frontline against virusThere is nothing that puts a smile on Sister Vuyiseka Gqabhuka's face like delivering a healthy newborn baby.
Read more »
No booze, cigarettes and long lockdown see SA’s happiness levels droppingSouth Africa finds itself at its lowest happiness point since last year.
Read more »
Heads must roll, says Steenhuisen as he prepares DA for court action against lockdownHeads must roll, says John Steenhuisen as he prepares DA for court action against lockdown
Read more »