US health workers without gear, training exposed to Covid-19
A young traveller wearing a mask seen at San Francisco airport earlier this month. The US has confirmed 61 cases of Covid-19 infection. – EPA pic, February 28, 2020.
FEDERAL health employees were sent to interact with repatriated Americans quarantined for exposure to Covid-19 without wearing protective gear or receiving training, said a whistle-blower complaint cited by US media yesterday. The filing, which was seen by The Washington Post and The New York Times, was submitted by a senior official with the Health and Human Services Department , who said she was improperly reassigned after raising her concerns and threatened with being fired if she did not comply.
Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one week free access!
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
US health expert: China's efforts against COVID-19 encouragingNEW YORK, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) are encouraging in several aspects, a leading public health expert has said.
Read more »
Covid-19: Health Ministry confirms new caseCORONAVIRUS | Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah: Local woman confirmed as latest case, bringing the number of infections to 23.
Read more »
Covid-19: Puluhan ribu jemaah terjejas selepas visa umrah digantungArab Saudi menggantung sementara pengeluaran visa umrah sebagai usaha pencegahan berikutan penularan Covid-19. FMTNews Umrah Covid19
Read more »
One new Covid-19 case in Malaysia, two more dischargedPETALING JAYA: The Health Ministry says a new case of Covid-19 has been detected, while two more positive cases have made full recovery.
Read more »
Malaysia records 23rd Covid-19 caseThe woman was treated at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur after returning from Japan on Feb 23 with a fever. FMTNews Covid19 KLIA Malaysia China
Read more »
Malaysians advised to defer travel plans to Covid-19 affected areas | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, Feb 27 — The Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised Malaysians to postpone travel to regions or cities in South Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran and China, which have been affected by the COVID-19 epidemic. Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said as of 8 am today, a total...
Read more »