Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL News

United States News News

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL News
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets

Port Elizabeth - The National Sea Rescue Institute said on Tuesday that a 46-year-old Cape Town fisherman was taken to a Port Elizabeth hospital in a stable condition after he was bitten by a shark while fishing on a trawler about 30 nautical miles out to sea.

NSRI spokesperson Craig Lambinon said that the fisherman was bitten on the forearm while he was trying to free a shark that had been caught in the nets. He said that the shark had been released into the ocean. The man, who sustained lacerations to the arms, was brought to shore after they alerted the Port Elizabeth NSRI, which launched a rescue with an Eastern Cape government EMS paramedic to retrieve the shark-bite victim.

"The man was transferred onto the craft and brought to shore. He is in a stable condition, walking wounded," Lambinon said. He said the man was treated and bandaged before he was transported to the hospital for further treatment.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL NewsShark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL NewsA 46-year-old fisherman was bitten by a shark while he was trying to free a shark that had been caught in the nets of a trawler near Port Elizabeth.
Read more »

Resurgent Stormers sink unbeaten Sharks in the 'Shark Tank' | IOLResurgent Stormers sink unbeaten Sharks in the 'Shark Tank' | IOLThe Stormers win their second successive Super Rugby game after being humiliated by the Bulls at Loftus in Week 1.
Read more »

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets off PEShark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets off PEThe shark has been released into the ocean.
Read more »

KZN Izinduna want Holomisa to help them get R1bn backpay | IOL NewsKZN Izinduna want Holomisa to help them get R1bn backpay | IOL NewsIzinduna in KwaZulu-Natal are putting pressure on the government to backpay them salaries amounting to more than R1 billion, and they are hoping that UDmRevolution leader BantuHolomisa can assist them.
Read more »

PICS: Baby left in 4-year-old sister's care | IOL NewsPICS: Baby left in 4-year-old sister's care | IOL NewsLaw Enforcement officers found a four-year-old girl looking after her baby sister in a dilapidated shack in Hanover Park.
Read more »

#JusticeForThoriso: Five Limpopo pupils expected in court | IOL News#JusticeForThoriso: Five Limpopo pupils expected in court | IOL NewsFive schoolboys are expected to appear in the Polokwane Magistrate's Court in connection with the brutal killing of local musician Thoriso Themane.
Read more »

#JusticeforThoriso: 6th teen arrested | IOL NewsAnother schoolboy has been arrested in connection with the killing of Thoriso Themane in Polokwane.
Read more »

Fikile Mbalula may be summoned to appear at #StateCaptureInquiry | IOL NewsFikile Mbalula may be summoned to appear at #StateCaptureInquiry | IOL NewsFormer sports minister Fikile Mbalula may soon be compelled to respond to notices issued by the Zondo commission.
Read more »

Nyanda confirms Manuel's testimony of Mbalula's declaration on the Guptas | IOL NewsNyanda confirms Manuel's testimony of Mbalula's declaration on the Guptas | IOL NewsANC veteran Siphiwe Nyanda has corroborated Trevor Manuel’s statement that Fikile Mbalula revealed in an ANC NEC meeting that he had been told by the Guptas that he would be appointed as sports minister.
Read more »

Mchunu returns to SOPA venue after collapse | IOL NewsMchunu returns to SOPA venue after collapse | IOL NewsKwaZulu-Natal Premier Willies Mchunu has returned to the Royal Showgrounds in Pietermaritzburg, a few hours after collapsing during his SOPA.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 09:39:51