Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL News

United States News News

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets | IOL News
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

Shark bites fisherman after he frees it from trawler nets

Port Elizabeth - The National Sea Institute said on Tuesday that a 46-year-old Cape Town fisherman was taken to a Port Elizabeth hospital in a stable condition after he was bitten by a shark while fishing on a trawler about 30 nautical miles out to sea.

NSRI spokesperson Craig Lambinon said that the fisherman was bitten on the forearm while he was trying to free a shark that had been caught in the nets. He said that the shark had been released into the ocean. The man, who sustained lacerations to the arms, was brought to shore after they alerted the Port Elizabeth NSRI, which launched a rescue with an Eastern Cape government EMS paramedic to retrieve the shark-bite victim.

"The man was transferred onto the craft and brought to shore. He is in a stable condition, walking wounded," Lambinon said. He said the man was treated and bandaged before he was transported to the hospital for further treatment.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Resurgent Stormers sink unbeaten Sharks in the 'Shark Tank' | IOLResurgent Stormers sink unbeaten Sharks in the 'Shark Tank' | IOLThe Stormers win their second successive Super Rugby game after being humiliated by the Bulls at Loftus in Week 1.
Read more »

#StateCaptureInquiry: Former Glencore CEO to testify | IOL News#StateCaptureInquiry: Former Glencore CEO to testify | IOL NewsThe purchase of Optimum coal mine by Gupta-owned Tegeta Exploration and Resources is expected to take centre stage at the ...
Read more »

#NigeriaDecides: Buhari re-elected as president | IOL News#NigeriaDecides: Buhari re-elected as president | IOL NewsMuhammadu Buhari was re-elected Nigeria's president, after a delayed poll that angered voters and raised political temperatures, ...
Read more »

Why ANC forced Mabe and Kodwa to step down | IOL NewsWhy ANC forced Mabe and Kodwa to step down | IOL NewsFears of damage to the ANC brand in the build-up to the May 8 elections influenced the ruling party to force its spokespersons to step aside.
Read more »

Convicted murderer Jason Rohde to be sentenced | IOL NewsConvicted murderer Jason Rohde to be sentenced | IOL NewsJason Rohde, convicted of murdering his wife, Susan Rohde, will hear his fate as his sentencing is expected to start at the Western Cape High Court.
Read more »

#JusticeForThoriso: Five face murder charge over alleged mob attack | IOL News#JusticeForThoriso: Five face murder charge over alleged mob attack | IOL NewsFive young suspects will appear in the Polokwane Magistrates court on Wednesday in connection with the brutal attack and murder of Thoriso Themane.
Read more »

LIVE FEED: #StateCaptureInquiry February 27, 2019 | IOL NewsLIVE FEED: #StateCaptureInquiry February 27, 2019 | IOL NewsFormer chief executive of Glencore Plc, Clinton Ephron, is on Wednesday expected to present testimony to the Zondo commission.
Read more »

JUST IN: Premier Willies Mchunu collapses while delivering #KZNSOPA2019 | IOL NewsJUST IN: Premier Willies Mchunu collapses while delivering #KZNSOPA2019 | IOL NewsKZN Premier Willies Mchunu appeared to have collapsed seconds after telling those gathered at his State of the Province address, ...
Read more »

Masutha blames SIU for lack of action against #Bosasa | IOL NewsMasutha blames SIU for lack of action against #Bosasa | IOL NewsMinister Michael Masutha said his department might have broken ties with Bosasa earlier had the SIU given more detail in ...
Read more »

'My son is gone,' says Thoriso Themane's heartbroken dad | IOL News'My son is gone,' says Thoriso Themane's heartbroken dad | IOL NewsThe father of Thoriso Themane has spoken out on the moments in the lead up to the young man's death, allegedly as a result of a mob attack.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 08:24:31