Ngidi takes six-for as Aussies score 271 in Bloem

United States News News

Ngidi takes six-for as Aussies score 271 in Bloem
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 59 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 51%

A maiden ODI five for Lungi Ngidi was the highlight of a good bowling performance by the Proteas on Wednesday

JOHANNESBURG – A maiden One-Day International five-for Lungi Ngidi was the highlight of a good bowling performance by the Proteas in the second ODI against Australia in Bloemfontein on Wednesday.

On what is a flat surface the home team did well to limit the tourists to less than 300, and it could have been better had they been able to hold all their catches - dropping four through the innings. Ngidi finished with 6/58, the ninth best figures by a South Africa in ODIs. The Australian innings was held together by half-centuries from their captain, Aaron Finch and left-hander D’Arcy Short, but besides a rapid start from David Warner, who made 35 off 23 balls, there was little else from the Australian batsmen.

Their target could and probably should have been more however, but South Africa’s bowlers were able to take wickets on a fairly regular basis ensuring the tourists couldn’t launch as emphatically as they wanted to in the final 10 overs. Warner got Australia off to a flying start after Finch had chosen to bat first on what looked glorious surface for batting at the Mangaung Oval. The powerful left-hand opener, smashed 35 off only 23 balls, as Australia scored 73 runs in the opening 10 overs. By that point Warner was out, the first Ngidi’s six wickets, driving a ball that bounced on him off a good length to Janneman Malan in the covers.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Mark Harris appointed as permanent MD of Altron NexusThe former Kagiso Media head has been acting as Altron Nexus MD for almost six months
Read more »

F1 teams consider legal action over Ferrari engine settlement with FIAConfidential pact after technical investigations leaves champions Mercedes and six other units furious
Read more »

Rustenburg mayor: ‘When Supra says if you touch Zuma you touch us, what does that mean?’Rustenburg mayor: ‘When Supra says if you touch Zuma you touch us, what does that mean?’Rustenburg mayor Mpho Khunou has given the strongest indication so far that he is ready to step up and lead the ANC in North West. He publicly took on former premier Supra Mahumapelo for making “threatening” comments at a rally to welcome home Jacob Zuma
Read more »

Simphiwe Dana apologises to Musa MselekuSimphiwe Dana apologises to Musa MselekuDana says she should not have taken out her anger on Mseleku.
Read more »

Alleged hit man arrested in Gauteng, six firearms recoveredAn alleged taxi hit man was arrested before he could execute his work at Faraday taxi rank in Johannesburg. He was found with an unlicenced firearm.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-03-30 15:11:05