Minister Lindiwe Zulu set to tell SA’s millions of unemployed just who qualifies for the R350

United States News News

Minister Lindiwe Zulu set to tell SA’s millions of unemployed just who qualifies for the R350
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 46 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 51%

Social Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu is set to announce requirements for the R350 President Cyril Ramaphosa declared would be paid out to the unemployed. day46oflockdown coronavirus Covid19

President Cyril Ramaphosa last month declared would be paid out to the unemployed.

Zulu is expected to clarify the categories of unemployed people - including the documented caregivers on whether they also qualify for the R350 unemployment grant or not. “The WhatsApp and related electronic application options will go live on Monday and this will be demonstrated during a media launch to be addressed by Minister Zulu.

“There was also a need to ensure that these issues are contained in a legal document in the form of a government gazette. In the process of developing the required technology, a new number has been secured for applications and the minister will detail how it will work,” Letsatsi added. “Volunteers and community development workers will be deployed to assist those who have no access to technology with applications. Manual applications will not be done at Sassa offices at all and there will be no need to fill in paper application forms,” he said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Sassa ready to roll out R350 grants to millions of unemployed during lockdownThe SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) in Gauteng is expected to start with applications for the R350 social relief distress grant for the unemployed on Monday.
Read more »

Sassa ready to roll out R350 grants to millions of unemployed during lockdownThe SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) in Gauteng is expected to start with applications for the R350 social relief distress grant for the unemployed on Monday.
Read more »

Editorial: Lindiwe Sisulu, focus on your jobEditorial: Lindiwe Sisulu, focus on your jobWhen Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation Minister Lindiwe Sisulu was appointed to this portfolio last May, she told City Press that she would turn it around in six months.
Read more »

Lindiwe Sisulu’s week of hellLindiwe Sisulu’s week of hellHuman Settlements, Water and Sanitation Minister Lindiwe Sisulu has retreated from key ministerial decisions this week, the latest concerning the Sedibeng Water board in the Free State.
Read more »

'It's all nonsense': Sisulu denies claim that her adviser is 'in total control' of deptWater & sanitation minister Lindiwe Sisulu's controversial adviser, Mphumzi Mdekazi, is driving a luxurious Range Rover Sport owned by a friend he introduced to the CEO of a water board for business purposes.
Read more »

WATCH LIVE | Zweli Mkhize on latest Covid-19 casesHealth minister Zweli Mkhize is briefing the media on the latest Covid-19 cases in SA.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 20:42:59