Lindiwe Sisulu’s week of hell.
Just last week, Sedibeng Water board members lost their jobs after Sisulu wrote to them to say their term had comeBut Sisulu did an about-turn this week, telling City Press that it had been a mistake to serve the dismissal letters in the middle of a national state of disaster.Sisulu also withdrew another letter, dated April 15, which was leaked, in which she declared that her ministerial water services advisory group, known as the national rapid-response task team , would be dissolved.
Last weekend, Sisulu terminated the term of the Amatola Water board and placed the entity under administration. She said an instruction had already been issued to the department to immediately commence with the process of appointing a new board, adding: “It should be noted that your term of office will cease as of the end of April.”
According to a letter sent to Lepelle Northern Water in Limpopo, the minister wanted to have all the necessary information ready by the beginning of November. She said the team had been conceptualised to respond to community needs related to service delivery – and the lack thereof – within the sector.
She said she was also pursuing criminal charges and that the NRRTT would be disbanded “with immediate effect.”On April 17, according to communication shared on the NRRTT’s WhatsApp group, all members were instructed to cancel all their activities and attend a special video conference meeting “at the directive of the minister”.
He told City Press that his communication with the minister was a private matter. However, he denied recording her, saying his phone had an application that recorded all calls.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
What's in City Press: ‘Zuma and son trying to gain sympathy’; The covid-19 storm is coming; Covid-19 sparks Cape border warWhat's in City Press: The Covid-19 storm is coming as Actuarial Society warns of 48 000 deaths; ‘Zuma & son trying to gain sympathy’ with YouTube channel; Covid-19 sparks Cape border war as ANC in Eastern Cape threatens DA-run Western Cape with court
Read more »
'It's all nonsense': Sisulu denies claim that her adviser is 'in total control' of deptWater & sanitation minister Lindiwe Sisulu's controversial adviser, Mphumzi Mdekazi, is driving a luxurious Range Rover Sport owned by a friend he introduced to the CEO of a water board for business purposes.
Read more »
The week in picturesIn pictures: Hunger amid lockdown restrictions in SA, but schools start to open again in China
Read more »
Ten must-read Covid-19 articles of the weekFrom confusion over cigarettes and alcohol to the humanitarian disaster that may await Africa when the pandemic is over, the news was not all good
Read more »
ECONOMIC WEEK AHEAD: Level of economic transactions will provide a window on lockdown landscapeSacci’s trade conditions survey for April will cover a full month of level 5 conditions
Read more »
POLITICAL WEEK AHEAD: Cyril Ramaphosa due to visit the Western CapeHealth minister Zweli Mkhize promises to bring in more epidemiologists and experts
Read more »