Malaysiakini journalist facing harassment, racist attacks on Facebook

United States News News

Malaysiakini journalist facing harassment, racist attacks on Facebook
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 malaysiakini
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 51%

However, Facebook has declined to remove the post saying it doesn't go against its community standards.

journalist Kow Gah Chie is being harassed on Facebook over an article she wrote regarding Environment Minister Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man defending logging in Kelantan.article on the matter had been fabricated as it was not asked at Tuan Ibrahim's press conference the day before, which had been streamed live., spoke to the minister after the press conference.The posting, which contains personal attacks to Kow, also draws attention to the fact that she was previously with the Chinese news desk.

"A specialist from our team reviewed the photo again and confirmed that it doesn't go against any of our Community Standards, including harassment and bullying," Facebook said.Meanwhile, Petaling Jaya MP Maria Chin Abdullah in a statement tonight, called for attacks against Kow to stop. "Some netizens have crossed the line, including by spreading her photo, making racist comments, and threatening the journalist," she said.Media group Gerakan Media Merdeka also condemned the harassment against Kow."Also regretted, is that efforts to report the individual to Facebook have been rejected, on the excuse that it did not go against 'community standards'," they added.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

malaysiakini /  🏆 20. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Minister: Govt to decide on whether to postpone Friday prayers over Covid-19 'within next two to three hours'Minister: Govt to decide on whether to postpone Friday prayers over Covid-19 'within next two to three hours'PETALING JAYA: The government will make the decision whether to postpone Friday prayers due to the Covid-19 outbreak within the next “two to three hours”, Malaysiakini reported.
Read more »

Sg Buloh Hospital transfers out non-coronavirus patients | The Malaysian InsightSg Buloh Hospital transfers out non-coronavirus patients | The Malaysian InsightMalaysiakini reports facility to focus all resources on Covid-19 cases, be made an infectious disease hospital.
Read more »

Get out of politics if can't accept criticism, Khalid tells PAS | The Malaysian InsightGet out of politics if can't accept criticism, Khalid tells PAS | The Malaysian InsightGet out of politics if can't accept criticism, Khalid tells PAS
Read more »

NZ Muslims 'don't feel any safer' a year after mosque massacreNZ Muslims 'don't feel any safer' a year after mosque massacre51 worshippers were killed at Friday prayers by a white supremacist in the Christchurch attacks. FMTNews NZ
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 08:00:07