Ex-NRL star JarrydHayne had blood on his hands and mouth after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman, a court has been told. She then sent the former Eels fullback a text message saying she 'didn't want to do that', but he claims the sex was consensual.
He has consistently denied the alleged assault since he was charged in November 2018.“You’ll find out if you don’t already know,” Judge Graham Turnbull SC told prospective jurors on Monday morning.He reminded those selected for the jury to keep an open mind and remain impartial.The jury of 14, seven men and seven women, will be whittled to 12 prior to a verdict being delivered.
Hayne was in town for a bucks’ weekend when he took a taxi to the woman’s home in suburban Newcastle.The alleged assault involving oral and digital sex lasted about 30 seconds, ending when the woman’s genitals began to bleed, Sfinas told the court. The jury would hear Hayne allegedly wiped blood from his hands and mouth before leaving, and see photographs of blood in the woman’s room and on her bed, Sfinas said.
Judge Turnbull told the jury evidence from the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had already been recorded and would be played during the trial. Hayne was a star player for the Eels in the NRL, represented NSW in State of Origin and played internationally for Australia and Fiji during his professional rugby league career.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hayne had blood on hands after alleged sexual assault, court toldFormer NRL player Jarryd Hayne left a taxi waiting outside a woman’s house in Newcastle as he sexually assaulted her and left her bleeding, a court has heard.
Read more »
Hayne trial hears of blood after alleged sex assaultEx-NRL player Jarryd Hayne allegedly cleaned blood from his hands and mouth before hopping in a waiting taxi and leaving the home of a woman he sexually assaulted, a court has heard.
Read more »
More NRL teams are an option but further expansion comes with associated risks | Nick TedeschiThe Dolphins have shown the way so far this season but there are no guaranteed rewards for adding an 18th, 19th and 20th team
Read more »
‘Special team’: Bennett hails Dolphins making a splash with unbeaten start to debut NRL seasonThe Dolphins have continued their remarkable start to NRL life, coach Wayne Bennett labelling them a “special team” as they defied the conditions, a controversial sin bin and a 12-point deficit to beat Canberra 20-14.
Read more »
NRL superman Junior Paulo’s savvy big money moves into real estate - realestate.com.auParramatta Eels and Blues Origin enforcer Junior Paulo is making his money work as hard off the field as he does on it.
Read more »