Government criticised for expecting the shutdown to be violent - SABC News

United States News News

Government criticised for expecting the shutdown to be violent - SABC News
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 SABCNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 51%

The Economic Freedom Fighter’s deputy president, Floyd Shivambu says Monday's national shutdown will not lead to destruction or death.

File: EFF's Deputy President, Floyd Shivambu at Sekhukhune, Jane Furse mobilising ahead of the National Shut-Down last month.File: EFF's Deputy President, Floyd Shivambu at Sekhukhune, Jane Furse mobilising ahead of the National Shut-Down last month.

The EFF is calling for President Cyril Ramaphosa to resign, an end to load shedding and other pressing issues in the country. It will be taking place across the country, where businesses are set to come to a standstill. Shivambu insists that the shutdown would be a peaceful protest and should not be compared to the unrest. Shivambu was speaking to SABC News ahead of the national shutdown.

NATJOINTS’ Chairperson Lieutenant General Tebello Mosikili says they have mobilised maximum resources to heighten police visibility throughout the country on Monday.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SABCNews /  🏆 37. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Durban communities say no to national shutdownDurban communities say no to national shutdownSome fear the planned shutdown by the Economic Freedom Fighters will cause destruction such as looting.
Read more »

Durban metro police 'will be out in numbers' for shutdownDurban metro police 'will be out in numbers' for shutdownPolice teams will have eyes and ears on the ground in Durban on Monday when the Economic Freedom Fighters national shutdown kicks off. 👮 ECRNewsWatch KZN
Read more »

Busa calls on law to protect citizens not participating in EFF national shutdownBusa calls on law to protect citizens not participating in EFF national shutdownThe EFF's national shutdown is around the corner and the criticism is mounting. Business Unity SA claims the Red Berets have no right to force businesses to close their doors during the protest. NationalShutdown
Read more »

No violence will be tolerated on 20 March: Ramaphosa - SABC NewsNo violence will be tolerated on 20 March: Ramaphosa - SABC NewsPresident Cyril Ramaphosa has sent a firm warning that no violence will be tolerated during the National Shutdown planned by the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) on Monday.
Read more »

Mbeki trusts that national shutdown will be peaceful - SABC NewsMbeki trusts that national shutdown will be peaceful - SABC NewsFormer President Thabo Mbeki says the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) has a right to organise a protest on issues that are affecting the country.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 21:06:14