Ex-SABC boss Chris Maroleng wants R16m or his job back

United States News News

Ex-SABC boss Chris Maroleng wants R16m or his job back
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 City_Press
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 72%

Former SABC chief operating officer Chris Maroleng wants a whopping R16 million or his job back. Maroleng, who was fired less than a year after succeeding Hlaudi Motsoeneng, is now in a tug-of-war with the public broadcaster over his dismissal

Former SABC chief operating officer Chris Maroleng wants a whopping R16 million or his job back.He is challenging his sacking for misconduct in April last year.

He also casts a shadow on the process which led to his dismissal. He accuses the SABC of dropping the ball by not affording him the right to appeal an allegedly questionable disciplinary process. He refers to a supplementary affidavit by James Shikwambana, a former manager at SABC, as proof the CEO wanted him gone.

A few days before the disciplinary committee [DC], he wanted to know who the chairperson of the DC was.He further wanted to know when his contract was ending, and when I said July, he said ‘that’s too far’. After the call, he said: ‘Chair, we must build a case against this guy’, referring to the chief operating officer.“The conversation between the two went on and on and it made me very uncomfortable. My conclusion was that the former chief operating officer was a threat to him. When the newspapers reported that Maroleng was going through a DC, I was not surprised,” Shikwambana said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

City_Press /  🏆 7. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

SABC makes changes to presenter line-upsSABC makes changes to presenter line-upsThe pressure is on as the SABC gears up to change its presenter line-ups on some of its radio stations. Popular 5FM host Thando Thabethe announced her resignation this week and this was followed by the resignation of “Phat Joe” from his breakfast show
Read more »

Morocco less anxious about coronavirus - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Morocco less anxious about coronavirus - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.There’s less anxiety about the coronavirus in Morocco, while some African countries are reeling after confirmed cases of the deadly virus.
Read more »

Eskom says unplanned breakdowns increase - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Eskom says unplanned breakdowns increase - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Eskom has warned that there’s a possibility of loadshedding for Sunday, due to an increase in the number of unplanned breakdowns at its power stations. via SABCNewsOnline
Read more »

Load shedding under way - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Load shedding under way - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The power cuts began at 9 o'clock on Monday morning and will continue until Thursday. Eskom says an increase in the number of unplanned breakdowns at its power stations has necessitated the move.
Read more »

SA's first confirmed coronavirus patient in stable condition - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.SA's first confirmed coronavirus patient in stable condition - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.South Africa’s first confirmed coronavirus patient is in a stable condition and is reported to be feeling better.
Read more »

LIVE: Thabo Mbeki Foundation, Unisa International Women’s Day Lecture - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.LIVE: Thabo Mbeki Foundation, Unisa International Women’s Day Lecture - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The Thabo Mbeki Foundation and the University of South Africa are hosting an International Women's Day event in Johannesburg on Saturday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 23:28:33