SABC makes changes to presenter line-ups

United States News News

SABC makes changes to presenter line-ups
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 City_Press
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 72%

The pressure is on as the SABC gears up to change its presenter line-ups on some of its radio stations. Popular 5FM host Thando Thabethe announced her resignation this week and this was followed by the resignation of “Phat Joe” from his breakfast show

She co-hosted The Thabooty Drive show on weekdays from 3pm to 6pm.

“The SABC is hoping that having Thando on the afternoon drive will increase the listenership,” said a source.Another insider said: “Thando is excited to be joining Metro, which is the biggest commercial radio station in Mzansi. Sphe and Naves, who moved to the prominent slot last year, will be moved to a weekend slot.”

The source said: “She was made an offer by the SABC that she could not refuse, but there was some back-and-forth going on until she agreed.”

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

City_Press /  🏆 7. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Morocco less anxious about coronavirus - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Morocco less anxious about coronavirus - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.There’s less anxiety about the coronavirus in Morocco, while some African countries are reeling after confirmed cases of the deadly virus.
Read more »

Eskom says unplanned breakdowns increase - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Eskom says unplanned breakdowns increase - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Eskom has warned that there’s a possibility of loadshedding for Sunday, due to an increase in the number of unplanned breakdowns at its power stations. via SABCNewsOnline
Read more »

Mkhize dismisses claims SANDF personnel unwilling to travel to China - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.%Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize has dismissed claims that the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) members are refusing to repatriate South Africans living in the Chinese city of Wuhan where the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak originated.%
Read more »

Kenya halts all international conferences amid COVID-19 - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Kenya announced on Friday that it is halting all international conferences for 30 days and advised citizens to only travel to countries that have confirmed cases of COVID -19 only if it is absolutely necessary.
Read more »

Judgment reserved in SARS-Public Protector's case - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The High Court in Pretoria has reserved judgment in the case involving the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and Public Protector Busisiswe Mkhwebane.
Read more »

Like swine flu, the situation will soon stabilise: Dr Robyn Ann Reed - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Like swine flu, the situation will soon stabilise: Dr Robyn Ann Reed - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The Pietermaritzburg doctor, who referred South Africa’s first case of coronavirus for testing, says she is optimistic that the situation will soon stabilise.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 22:43:26