Edwin Sodi to fight R255m asbestos tender charges

United States News News

Edwin Sodi to fight R255m asbestos tender charges
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 51%

Edwin Sodi and his company Blackhead Consulting will ask the high court to declare that the fraud, corruption and money laundering charges they face are unconstitutional.

The section states that everyone who is arrested for allegedly committing an offence has the right not to be compelled to make any confession or admission that could be used in evidence against that person.

”We had said to the Deputy Chief Justice that we acted for Sodi and that we will be answering all the questions but that the answers cannot be used against him. It was agreed and we proceeded on that basis,” Hodes said. ”We are aware that the evidence was being used against him,” he said, adding that Sodi was arrested on September 30 last year after concluding his evidence at the commission.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Magashule and Sodi challenge admissibility of evidence against them as case is moved to October | CitypressMagashule and Sodi challenge admissibility of evidence against them as case is moved to October | CitypressThe dispute over the admissibility of evidence is set to be a bone of contention between the state and the defence when the asbestos trial of suspended ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule and 15 others return to court on October 19 to answer for the R255 million allegedly paid by the Free State government for work that was not done.
Read more »

Bloemfontein High Court postpones R255m asbestos corruption caseBloemfontein High Court postpones R255m asbestos corruption caseSuspended ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule appeared alongside others accused of corruption in the R250 million Free State asbestos tender.
Read more »

LIVESTREAM | Suspended ANC SG Ace Magashule back in courtLIVESTREAM | Suspended ANC SG Ace Magashule back in courtSuspended ANC Secretary-General and 15 co-accused face charges relating to R25m tender fraud in the Free State.
Read more »

Magashule and Sodi challenge admissibility of evidence against them as case is moved to October | CitypressMagashule and Sodi challenge admissibility of evidence against them as case is moved to October | CitypressThe dispute over the admissibility of evidence is set to be a bone of contention between the state and the defence when the asbestos trial of suspended ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule and 15 others return to court on October 19 to answer for the R255 million allegedly paid by the Free State government for work that was not done.
Read more »

Battle over witness status of Ace Magashule’s former PA in Free State asbestos caseFormer Free State premier believes he secured his erstwhile personal assistant as a defence witness, while the prosecution wants her to be a State witness
Read more »

Co-owner of Mpumalanga bar fingered in SIU PPE investigationThe man who allegedly tried to bribe an investigator into squashing a probe into a PPE tender in Mpumalanga has been identified as Mpendulo Sipho Mapalala.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 06:43:34