The Labour Appeal Court on Monday morning interdicted the strike action by Nehawu, its members and employees who are employed in an essential service which started last Monday with immediate effect.
The Labour Appeal Court has interdicted Nehawu members from partricipating in the strike in essential service areas including in hospitals and clinics.strike action by Nehawu, its members and employees who are employed in an essential service which started last Monday with immediate effect.The court said Nehawu and all such essential service employees were restrained and prevented from continuing with or participating in any such strike.
The court said this order remained in force until the final determination of the appeal against the order made by the Labour Court on March 4, interdicting the strike by Nehawu.Following the judgment of Edwin Tlhothlalemaje on March 4, Nehawu sought leave to appeal against that order.On the first day of the strike on March 6, the public service and administration minister applied for an urgent order to execute the order of Tlhothlalemaje, pending determination of Nehawu’s appeal.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
WATCH | Labour court to rule on Nehawu strike actionThousands downed tools last week to force the government to agree to demands for a 10% wage hike.
Read more »
BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Labour Appeal Court interdicts Nehawu members from striking | News24News24 brings you all the latest news alerts from across South Africa.
Read more »
Court rejects Nehawu’s application to appeal government strike interdict | The Citizen📨JUST IN: Court rejects Nehawu application to appeal government’s strike interdict. NehawuStrike TheCitizenNews Catch up on what's happening here⬇️
Read more »
Labour Appeal Court interdicts Nehawu strikeOn Monday, the Labour Appeal Court gave the workers’ union Nehawu a judgement that prohibited them from continuing with their industrial action.
Read more »
Court interdicts Nehawu strike in essential service, Sassa, SIU and zoosThe Labour Appeal Court on Monday morning interdicted the strike action by Nehawu, its members and employees who are employed in an essential service which started last Monday with immediate effect.
Read more »
Nehawu vows to intensify public sector strike | The CitizenThe union’s leadership on Sunday afternoon held a media briefing in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, on the collapsed wage negotiations in the public sector. ✊
Read more »