On Monday, the Labour Appeal Court gave the workers’ union Nehawu a judgement that prohibited them from continuing with their industrial action.
JOHANNESBURG - The Labour Appeal Court of South Africa has interdicted strike action by members of the National Education, Health and Allied Workers' Union after its members stayed away from their posts.
The judgment handed down on Monday morning said that the employees are restrained and prevented from continuing with any industrial action.' EWN Reporter March 13, 2023 #NehawuStrike members have arrived. They have been singing meters from away from police and Soldiers and now they are moving away from the hospital. @motso_modise pic.twitter.com/agYN1TLeFVNehawu is among the public service unions that have been negotiating for a 10% wage hike.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Labour Appeal Court interdicts Nehawu members from striking | News24News24 brings you all the latest news alerts from across South Africa.
Read more »
WATCH | Labour court to rule on Nehawu strike actionThousands downed tools last week to force the government to agree to demands for a 10% wage hike.
Read more »
Court rejects Nehawu’s application to appeal government strike interdict | The Citizen📨JUST IN: Court rejects Nehawu application to appeal government’s strike interdict. NehawuStrike TheCitizenNews Catch up on what's happening here⬇️
Read more »
Nehawu vows to intensify public sector strike | The CitizenThe union’s leadership on Sunday afternoon held a media briefing in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, on the collapsed wage negotiations in the public sector. ✊
Read more »
How many more must die? | City PressThis week’s strike by the National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union (Nehawu) began on Monday, saw trade union members barricading hospital entrances, burning tyres and intimidating working staff members
Read more »
NEHAWU strikes a danger to lives says HPCSAGauteng Health spokesperson Motalatale Modiba says that emergency personnel have been threatened by members of NEHAWU.
Read more »