Esscom chief Hazani Ghazali says four of the men have been identified so far. FMTNews HazaniGhazali Esscom
KOTA KINABALU: Police are looking for a group of men who, posing as Eastern Sabah Security Command personnel, had fired shots into the air after being refused entry into a plantation to hunt in Lahad Datu.
Esscom commander Hazani Ghazali said none of his men were involved in the shooting at the plantation in Sabah’s east coast last Saturday. In the 4.30pm incident, he said, the men aged between 33 and 44 had approached the main entrance of KTS Plantation Sdn Bhd in two four-wheel drive vehicles. “The men posed as Esscom personnel and demanded that the security guard let them in so they could hunt.
“When they were denied entry, one of the men fired several shots in the air. After firing the shots, the men collected the spent casings and left.”“We will leave it to the Beluran police to make the arrests, which will be soon,” he said when contacted today.It is learnt that the plantation’s management had lodged a report at the Beluran police station.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Esscom says hunters behind shooting at Lahad Datu plantationLAHAD DATU: A group of hunters, posing as Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) personnel, were believed to have fired several shots into the air after they were refused entry at a plantation, here, recently.
Read more »
Four Johor cops test for Covid-19, one clearedJOHOR BARU: Four police officers in Johor were tested after they were suspected to have contracted Covid-19, with one having been confirmed to test negative.
Read more »
Kedah cops tracking three cases of face mask scams onlineALOR SETAR: Three individuals have claimed to have been cheated by online suppliers over the purchase of face masks in February amid the ongoing Covid 19 outbreak.
Read more »
Cops tracking down individuals sharing #Malaysialockdown infographicKUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Police are tracking down individuals sharing false information of a 'lockdown' in the country which has gone viral on social media.
Read more »
Cops to track down individuals sharing #Malaysialockdown infographic | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 16 ― Police are tracking down individuals who share false information on a “lockdown” in the country which has gone viral on social media. Describing such act as irresponsible, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Abdul Hamid Bador said it could also affect public order....
Read more »
Cops arrest man involved in attempted murder at cafeSIBU: One of the three suspects who were involved in the attempted murder of a 40-year-old man at a riverside cafe in Paradom near here has been arrested.
Read more »