Billionaire who writes off 2020 says worst of virus yet to come

United States News News

Billionaire who writes off 2020 says worst of virus yet to come
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 YahooSG
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 17 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 71%

Philippine billionaire Enrique Razon is worried the world hasn’t yet seen the worst of the virus. YahooFinance

Volumes at port operator International Container Terminal Services Inc., where Razon is the chairman and which operates terminals in nearly 20 countries, likely fell 10% to 15% last month and are expected to decline further in April, he said Tuesday. His Bloomberry Resorts Corp. has shut its gaming operations during the lockdown on the Philippines’ main Luzon island.

Razon said his conglomerate has a “healthy” amount of cash, though, so “there’s really no concerns there.” He supports a two-week extension of the Luzon lockdown through April and expects a recovery in consumer spending to take some time even after the quarantine is lifted as people focus on buying basic goods and saving money.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

YahooSG /  🏆 3. in SG

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Tokyo 2020 delay gives everyone a fair chance, says Judo champion RinerTokyo 2020 delay gives everyone a fair chance, says Judo champion RinerDouble Olympic judo champion Teddy Riner believes that staging the Tokyo Games in 2021 will put all athletes on an equal footing after the sports ...
Read more »

Golf: 2020 Open Championship cancelled due to coronavirusGolf: 2020 Open Championship cancelled due to coronavirusThe 149th Open Championship scheduled for Royal St George's from July 16-19 has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, golf's governing ...
Read more »

Coronavirus: What happens to golf in 2020?Coronavirus: What happens to golf in 2020?PARIS (AFP) - The Masters and PGA Championship have been postponed indefinitely with the US Open and British Open expected to follow suit, while the coronavirus pandemic has prompted three of the five women's majors to be rescheduled with tour action suspended until late May at the earliest.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

5 dengue deaths since start of year; 2020 cases more than double the same period last year5 dengue deaths since start of year; 2020 cases more than double the same period last yearSINGAPORE: Five people have died from dengue this year, as the number of cases weekly “remain high”, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on ...
Read more »

China's big developers shrug off short-term virus impact to splurge on landChina's big developers shrug off short-term virus impact to splurge on landHONG KONG (REUTERS) - China's top developers are prising open their war chests to snap up land this year as local governments sell more prime real estate to boost revenues and smaller, distressed property firms look to offload assets as the coronavirus takes a toll.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Boris Johnson in hospital as queen says joint effort will defeat virusBoris Johnson in hospital as queen says joint effort will defeat virus[LONDON] British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was taken to hospital on Sunday after failing to shake off coronavirus symptoms, as Queen Elizabeth II said a united effort would defeat the outbreak. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:25:06