SINGAPORE: Five people have died from dengue this year, as the number of cases weekly “remain high”, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on ...
SINGAPORE: Five people have died from dengue this year, as the number of cases weekly “remain high”, the National Environment Agency said on Monday .
According to the NEA website on Monday, 110 dengue clusters have been identified. The biggest cluster, with 182 cases, includes several blocks in Jurong West Street 91, Jurong West Street 92, Yunnan Crescent, Yunnan Road, Yunnan Walk 2 and Yunnan Walk 3. It said the rise in proportion of DENV-3 cases is of concern,"as we have not had dengue outbreaks driven by DENV-3 in Singapore for almost three decades".
READ: COVID-19: Singapore makes 'decisive move' to close most workplaces and impose full home-based learning for schools, says PM Lee “Recognising the concerns arising from the COVID-19 situation, NEA has since put in place measures to ensure that NEA officers performing dengue home inspections are healthy and fit for work,” it said.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Formula One: Ecclestone says 2020 F1 championship should be cancelledLONDON (AFP) - Bernie Ecclestone says this season's Formula One championship should be cancelled because it appears unlikely that enough races can be completed for it to be valid due to the coronavirus crisis.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Ecclestone says 2020 F1 championship should be cancelledBernie Ecclestone says this season's Formula One championship should be cancelled because it appears unlikely that enough races can be completed ...
Read more »
Coronavirus: What happens to golf in 2020?PARIS (AFP) - The Masters and PGA Championship have been postponed indefinitely with the US Open and British Open expected to follow suit, while the coronavirus pandemic has prompted three of the five women's majors to be rescheduled with tour action suspended until late May at the earliest.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Sri Lanka extends quarantine period to four weeks after positive caseCOLOMBO: Sri Lanka extended the suggested quarantine period from two weeks to four on Sunday (Apr 5) after a 34-year-old man who returned home ...
Read more »
Rugby: Leitch fears Japan failing to build on World Cup heroicsJapan's fairytale run to the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals was a highlight of last year's tournament but with the afterglow all but gone captain ...
Read more »