41-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies in connection with threats made against several schools in San Francisco including primary schools in Pacific Heights and Richmond neighborhoods.
Saturday, May 16, 2026 9:05PMA 41-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies in connection with threats made against several schools in San Francisco , according to court records.
The San Francisco District Attorney's Office says the first threats occurred on May 11, 2026, against a primary school in the city's Pacific Heights neighborhood. The suspect is accused of posting a message describing "shooting people" on one of the school's social media pages. The next evening, that same suspect allegedly showed up at another primary school in the Richmond neighborhood and made "grave threats to the people in the school building.
" The following morning, on May 13, the suspect returned to that same school and made similar grave threats while students and teachers were on campus, briefly putting the school on lockdown. MORE:Court documents obtained by ABC7 News confirm that the suspect has a long history of making criminal threats against businesses, schools, religious institutions and individuals in San Francisco for over a decade.
An internal email shared to the community of one of the threatened schools states that the suspect began making threats back in 2011. Since then, he's been arrested, sentenced and imprisoned multiple times. San Francisco Supervisor Stephen Sherrill, who represents the district, said the incidents have left residents concerned.
"If you have an individual who's consistently showing up to schools, making threats to children, at staff, there is nothing more frightening. There is nothing more precious to me than my children, as I know you know, to any parent, for their children. And, I don't think, as parents, we're asking for a lot to ask somebody who's consistently threatening people to be taken off the streets," Sherrill said.
"Frankly, this person's unwell. They need to be in a locked facility getting the treatment that they need, but it does need to be a locked facility.
" Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom, but the suspect was seen yelling profanities at attorneys as he was escorted out and returned to custody. A judge cited that outburst as one of the reasons for denying bail. The suspect is scheduled to return to court Monday morning.
San Francisco Threats Felonies Primary School Shooting People Grave Threats Long History Internal Email Supervisor Stephen Sherrill Treatment Locked Facility
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
San Francisco 49ers schedule 2026: Takeaways, predictionsHere is everything to know about the 49ers' 2026 NFL schedule.
Read more »
Takeaways from the CBS News California and San Francisco Examiner debateTop gubernatorial candidates faced off in a debate hosted Thursday by CBS News California and the San Francisco Examiner.
Read more »
Bay to Breakers: San Francisco road closures and alternate routesThe route essentially divides the city in two, and drivers should plan accordingly — roads across San Francisco will be closed starting Saturday night through Sunday evening.
Read more »
San Francisco Giants catcher Daniel Susac returns from the injured listOn Friday, the San Francisco Giants announced that rookie catcher Danile Susac had returned from his time on the injured list and will be available immediately.
Read more »
