Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid Expected as Negotiations Near Completion

Sports News

Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid Expected as Negotiations Near Completion
MourinhoReal MadridNegotiations

The news highlights the expected return of Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid and the ongoing issues within the squad. It also mentions Alvaro Arbeloa's assurance of Mourinho's ability to restore stability and the latest controversy involving Kourtney Mbappe's comments about his position within the club.

Jose Mourinho 's stunning return to Real Madrid is expected to be confirmed in the coming days with negotiations having reportedly been completed by the Spanish giants.

Mourinho is set to take charge of Benfica for a final time on Saturday night, with the Portuguese side on the verge of an unbeaten league season. Benfica, however, head into their last match of the campaign against Estoril in third position in the table. Despite Mourinho's claims pre-match that he has had no contact with Real Madrid, reports in both Spain and Portugal state that his return has been agreed.

According to Marca, Mourinho had been competing with outgoing France boss Didier Deschamps and United States manager Mauricio Pochettino. While Mourinho was seen as the clear favourite, having been the preferred choice of president Florentino Perez, Real Madrid's dressing room disputes were viewed as improving his standing with the veteran coach seen as the ideal candidate to bring it back under control.

Jose Mourinho's return to Real Madrid is expected to be made official in the coming days An agreement is reportedly in place for Mourinho's return having been the choice of president Florentino Perez Mourinho will reportedly sign an initial two-year contract with Real Madrid, with an official announcement due in the coming days - perhaps after the Spanish giants' season concludes next weekend. The 63-year-old has claimed next week will be key for his future, as he denied contact with Real Madrid while confirming he had received a new contract offer from Benfica.

'I speak with president Rui Costa practically every day,' Mourinho said on Friday. 'But I've also said, because I have nothing to hide, and I think Benfica doesn't want to hide anything, that on Wednesday I received the official written offer from Benfica. 'They wanted to send it to me, and I said I didn't want anything right now. On Sunday, yes.

'With Real Madrid, I haven't had any contact. Not with the president, nor with any important person in the structure.

'Next week will be important for me, for my future, and also for Benfica. When the season ends, Benfica has to start thinking about the next one.

'According to the contract and the agreement I signed when I arrived, we have this window of a few days to see what happens and to make a decision. ' Mourinho is set to take charge of Benfica for a final time on Saturday evening Reports have claimed there is a clause in his contract that allows Real Madrid to pay a compensation fee of around £2.6m, which would be active within 10 days of Benfica's final game of the season.

Under-fire Real Madrid boss Alvaro Arbeloa was pressed on the reports Mourinho will succeed him at his press conference on Saturday morning.

'The day the club makes a decision, they'll announce it when they deem it appropriate,' he said. 'I've always been clear with Jose, as a Real Madrid fan, I feel he's number one. I said the same thing in the Champions League. I thought it a month ago and I'll continue to think it.

'He'll always be"one of us. " If he comes back, I'll be very happy to have him home. ' Mourinho previously managed Real Madrid between 2010 and 2013, leading the club to one LaLiga title, a Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup. His time at the club provided numerous hard-fought battles with rivals Barcelona, who were led by Pep Guardiola.

Xabi Alonso was sacked after just eight months earlier this season, with Arbeloa then promoted from his role with Real Madrid's B-team. Mourinho's Benfica contract runs until the summer of 2027. As revealed by Daily Mail Sport, 63-year-old Mourinho believes he has unfinished business at Madrid where he lost three consecutive Champions League semi-finals.

Mourinho previously managed Real Madrid between 2010 and 2013, and believes he has unfinished business with the Spanish giants Kylian Mbappe claimed he has been made 'fourth choice' striker at Real Madrid this week in the latest sign of discord behind the scenes at the club Mourinho would have to resolve a series of issues within the squad, after it emerged last week that midfielder Federico Valverde was taken to hospital following an altercation with Aurelien Tchouameni, the second row in two days between the pair. Alvaro Carreras and Antonio Rudiger were also reportedly involved in a physical altercation, impacting the mood around the club even further in a season that will end without a trophy.

Kylian Mbappe caused further controversy on Thursday after claiming Arbeloa told him he is now Real Madrid's 'fourth choice' striker. Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has dismissed claims Real Madrid has descended into chaos. The 79-year-old announced presidential elections in a rare press conference this week, after hitting out at perceived threats in the media, the standard of refereeing and possible rivals who he told to come forward and challenge him.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyMail /  🏆 86. in US

Mourinho Real Madrid Negotiations Return Benfica Contracts Councils Rui Costa Marcha Brazil Alvaro Arbeloa TIF-ESP (League Cup) Kylian Mbappe Fourth Choice

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Jose Mourinho Confirms Rival Contract Offer As Real Madrid Move NearsJose Mourinho Confirms Rival Contract Offer As Real Madrid Move NearsThe Benfica manager has an interesting offer on the table.
Read more »

The Jose Mourinho Quote That Should Worry Real Madrid FansThe Jose Mourinho Quote That Should Worry Real Madrid FansMourinho is closing in on a return to the Bernabéu.
Read more »

Mourinho receives Arbeloa's blessing amid talk of return to Real MadridMourinho receives Arbeloa's blessing amid talk of return to Real MadridReal Madrid’s Álvaro Arbeloa has given his blessing to former boss José Mourinho amid intense speculation that the Portuguese coach is set to replace him and start a second stint at the European powerhouse
Read more »

Real Madrid’s Chaotic Few Weeks End With Blockbuster Jose Mourinho ‘Agreement’A new era led by a familiar face awaits at the Bernabéu.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-16 21:31:15