A 55-year-old estate agent died after falling through the attic of a house. An unnamed 38-year-old Brit, holidaying in the area or possibly living in Spain, fell from the Baluarte del Mirador in San Sebastian. The Ertzaintza opened a probe into the Brit's death.
An estate agent has died after falling through an attic while showing buyers a property in Spain. The accident happened on Friday morning in the village of Chite, located in the scenic Lecrin Valley near Granada.
The 55-year-old woman, a Dutch national, had been showing a house to potential buyers when she suddenly fell 6ft through the opening of an attic space, according to The Spanish Eye, an English-speaking local news outlet. Emergency services, including a medical helicopter, rushed to the scene at around 11am after receiving reports that a woman had been seriously injured. She was taken to the Neurotraumatology Hospital at Granada’s Virgen de las Nieves hospital complex, where she succumbed to her injuries.
It is currently unclear how she fell through the attic. The woman, who had lived in the local area for several years and worked selling and buying homes mainly with foreign clients, has been described by those who knew her as 'very well loved'. She was buried over the weekend in the village of Restabal.
Pictured: Emergency services at the scene of the incident It comes as a British tourist plunged to his death from a mountain viewpoint over the weekend in a Spanish city. The unnamed 38-year-old was pronounced dead at around 11am on Saturday after falling from the slopes of the 400ft Mount Urgull in the Basque city of San Sebastian. A passerby spotted the body and immediately dialled 112 to raise the alarm.
First responders raced to the scene but were tragically unable to save him, and his body has since been sent to the Basque Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy. Police are now investigating the death of the Brit, and in their first official comments on the matter, confirmed they are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage.
The ongoing probe is being led by the Ertzaintza, the autonomous police force for the Basque Country, which is reporting to a local court. On Monday, a spokesman for the force, which said it wouldn't be confirming the man's nationality as part of normal protocol, said: 'Around 11am on Saturday, May 16, the Ertzaintza located the lifeless body of a 38-year-old man of European origin beneath the Baluarte Viewpoint on Mount Urgull in the city of San Sebastian.
'The Ertzaintza has opened an investigation to clarify the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body. 'Pending the autopsy and forensic results, the Ertzaintza does not see any signs of criminal activity on the deceased's body. ' It was not immediately clear if the dead man was holidaying in the area or lived in Spain.
The Baluarte del Mirador, the local name given to the viewpoint from which the Brit plunged, was originally built in the 16th century as part of San Sebastian's defensive ring.
Crimes Travel Safety Spanish News Estate Agent Death In Spain British Tourist Death In Basque Country Investigation By Ertzaintza
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Preventing disputes over an estate without a will: how a trust helps and protect your documentsThis news article discusses the challenges of ensuring that an adult child has knowledge of a will or trust after the loss of their mother who did not have one, providing recommendations on how to avoid probate and protect original documents.
Read more »
Belles Berry Lists Stunning Three Point Five Million Pound Oxfordshire Estate for SaleThe daughter of legendary baker Dame Mary Berry is selling her meticulously designed Oxfordshire hideaway, featuring extensive grounds and unique family touches.
Read more »
Spain's Socialist Defeat in Regional ElectionSpain's socialist government has suffered a catastrophic defeat in a regional election, with the Socialists winning just 28 seats out of 109. This defeat will be especially painful for PM Pedro Sanchez, whose candidate is his former deputy and ex-finance minister, Maria Jesus Montero. The Socialists have also experienced resounding defeats in three previous regional elections, increasing pressure on Sanchez before a general election expected in 2027.
Read more »
Pop star Shakira is acquitted in tax fraud case in SpainA Spanish court has acquitted Shakira of tax fraud and ordered the government to return over 55 million euros in fines and interest.
Read more »
