British Mother Appeals for Help After Toddler Allegedly Kidnapped in Cyprus by Abusive Father

Crime News

British Mother Appeals for Help After Toddler Allegedly Kidnapped in Cyprus by Abusive Father
British MotherCyprusAbusive Father

A British mother has appealed for help after her toddler was allegedly kidnapped in Cyprus by his abusive father. The suspect, a 29-year-old Turkish national, was apprehended in Turkish occupied Northern Cyprus with a child. The child, 2, was snatched from Chloe Martin, 35, on Wednesday in the village of Apaisia. A 53-year-old accomplice was allegedly told to 'grab the child' before he was taken, according to local media. The alleged accomplice has also been arrested.

A man has been arrested after a British mother appealed for help when her toddler was allegedly kidnapped in Cyprus by his abusive father . The suspect, a 29-year-old Turkish national, was apprehended in Turkish occupied Northern Cyprus with a child.

The child, 2, was snatched from Chloe Martin, 35, on Wednesday in the village of Apaisia. A 53-year-old accomplice was allegedly told to 'grab the child' before he was taken, according to local media. The alleged accomplice has also been arrested. Detectives previously feared the suspect had crossed through an uncontrolled area of Dhekelia Cantonment, a UK military base and British Overseas Territory where Cypriot authorities have no jurisdiction.

Shortly after he fled the child's father posted a video of him with the child on social media and wrote: 'My lion, your father would give his life for you, my child.

'If there is anyone brave enough to take you from me, let him come and we will see. ' The man was already wanted for domestic violence following a complaint last October.

Chloe Martin (pictured), who moved to Cyprus as a teenager with her family, has been treated in hospital for injuries to her head and ankle and shared an image showing the wounds to her face Chloe (pictured), who grew up in the West Midlands, met her ex partner online in 2022 and moved to Northern Cyprus to be with him where she fell pregnant Before her son was found Ms Martin was too distressed to talk at length but told the Mail: 'My main concern is to get my child back.

'Both me and my son are British citizens. We expect the full support of the UK government towards its citizens, something we have yet to see.

' Ms Martin, who grew up in the West Midlands, met the suspect online in 2022 and moved to Northern Cyprus to be with him where she fell pregnant. She alleges he was abusive so fled to the Republic last October and filed a complaint against her ex partner. He is alleged to have turned up at her house in Mandria unannounced, pushed her in a swimming pool, taken the baby from her and fled with an accomplice.

An abandoned rental car was found in Pergamos, a village within the UK Sovereign Base Area (SBA) of Dhekelia and near the green line. There is no fence between Northern Cyprus and it is suspected that he did not use an official crossing point. Ms Martin, who moved to Cyprus as a teenager with her family, has been treated in hospital for injuries to her head and ankle and shared an image showing the wounds to her face.

Meanwhile, a 53-year-old suspected of aiding the suspect's escape was arrested late on Wednesday. Limassol Deputy Police Director, Lefteris Kyriakou, said of the suspect before he was apprehended: 'It appears that he entered from an uncontrolled point, and apparently from a point that is not controlled by the Republic, possibly from the British Bases.

'Not from an official crossing point, from a point that is not a checkpoint nor something that is controlled by us or by the British Bases. ' Last night the man posted further footage online of him with the child. He wrote: 'He misses his dad so much. I will protect you until the end of my life, my son.

'No one can come and take you from me. ' He signed the message off from 'the boss of the family' describing his son as 'his dad's lookalike'. Parental child abduction to Northern Cyprus is a major issue on the Mediterranean island as the self-declared state only recognised by Turkey is not a signatory to the Hague Convention.

The UK Foreign Office has previously warned about the issue as the authority does not recognise dual British nationality meaning there is little recourse to help bring abducted children back. Ioannis Michalaki, representing Ms Martin, told the Mail: 'We trust the Republic of Cyprus which from the very first moment, with full cooperation with us, took all the necessary steps.

'At the same time, we expect the support of the Turkish Cypriots, which is expressed on social media, to translate into action from the Turkish Cypriot administration and move to take all necessary steps for the immediate return of the two-year-old child to his mother. ' An FCDO spokesman said: 'We are providing support to a British national and are in contact with the local authorities.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyMail /  🏆 86. in US

British Mother Cyprus Abusive Father Parental Child Abduction Turkish Cypriots Turkish Cypriot Administration UK Foreign Office UK Military Base British Overseas Territory Dhekelia Cantonment Northern Cyprus Sovereign Base Area Hague Convention Dual British Nationality

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Turkish president leaves for Kazakhstan to attend Turkic summitTurkish president leaves for Kazakhstan to attend Turkic summitPresident Erdogan will also take part in high-level talks on strengthening bilateral cooperation in Astana, say sources.
Read more »

Europe will have no credibility until Cyprus is resolvedEurope will have no credibility until Cyprus is resolvedUntil the Cyprus dispute is resolved, the European Union will lack any diplomatic credibility as a major power.
Read more »

Turkish interests must be considered at NATO summit in Ankara: Munich Security Conference chiefTurkish interests must be considered at NATO summit in Ankara: Munich Security Conference chiefWolfgang Ischinger says NATO’s upcoming summit in Ankara should reflect Türkiye’s strategic role, describing the country as a bridge between the alliance’s eastern flank and the Middle East.
Read more »

British Mother Appeals for Help After Ex-Partner Allegedly Kidnapped Son in CyprusBritish Mother Appeals for Help After Ex-Partner Allegedly Kidnapped Son in CyprusA distraught British mother has appealed for help after her 'abusive' ex-partner allegedly kidnapped their two-year-old son in Cyprus. The child's father, Ozer Ocakoglu, fled to Turkish occupied Northern Cyprus with the toddler after taking him from Chloe Martin on Wednesday morning.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-15 03:36:09