A forensic doctor has told a court a woman allegedly sexually assaulted by Jarryd Hayne sustained a rare and unusual laceration, according to photographs.
GRAPHIC WARNING: This story contains details which may be disturbing for some readers.
Hayne, 35, is facing a retrial in the NSW District Court after pleading not guilty to two counts of sexual intercourse without consent after he allegedly orally and digitally penetrated the 26-year-old woman at her Newcastle home on September 30, 2018, leaving her bleeding.The court heard on Monday from Dr Maria Nittis, who examined the woman six weeks later at the request of investigators because she had reported still having injuries.
She accepted under cross-examination from Hayne’s barrister Margaret Cunneen, SC, that she had previously said “fingers [are] a perfectly reasonable explanation for the injuries that I saw”, and that consensual sexual activity can range from very gentle to very rigorous.Nittis said the complainant had provided her a version of events, including that Hayne had arrived at her house “really drunk” and had gone outside to speak to his taxi driver.
Nittis said the woman told her Hayne had grabbed her pants as she was pulling them up, then she had “momentarily stopped resisting” and he had removed her pants and “gone down there”.The doctor said the woman told her she believed there had been cunnilingus, but she was “uncertain” whether Hayne had inserted a finger. She reported that Hayne stood back and there was “blood everywhere”, and “it was hurting like hell”.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Gary Ablett snr reveals ‘significant structural, functional brain damage’ diagnosisThe all-time VFL/AFL great has revealed he has been diagnosed with significant structural, functional brain damage and he believes it is linked to concussions suffered during his career.
Read more »
'Significant casualties likely': Magnitude 6.8 earthquake hits EcuadorAt least 13 people have died after a magnitude 6.8 earthquake struck southern Ecuador on Saturday. The Bureau of Meteorology has stated that there is no risk of a tsunami hitting Australia as a result of the natural disaster. DETAILS: 9News
Read more »
'Significant planning' underway to clean up massive fish kill in NSW's far westAn emergency response centre, headed by NSW Police, has been put into action in the state's far west to coordinate the clean-up of the worst mass kill ever to hit the Darling River in Menindee.
Read more »
Doomsday prepping in Japan: Inside one woman’s living-room bunkerTokyo residents are being told to prepare for X Day. That’s the day when a potential massive earthquake could strike the city. Those concerns, combined with fears of a missile attack from North Korea, are leading some there to get ready to bunker down.
Read more »
Why the world's fittest woman won't be back to defend her title — for nowTia-Clair Toomey has won the world CrossFit Games six times consecutively from 2017 until 2022. She also placed runner-up in 2015 and 2016. She was intending to defend her title in 2023, until a surprise announcement.
Read more »
Woman driving car ‘missing half its front end’ hit with $740 fineA woman driving a Hyundai missing half its front end has been hit with a big fine after she drove past police in Sunshine North. 7NEWS
Read more »