Welcome Msomi's case postponed again

United States News News

Welcome Msomi's case postponed again
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 SowetanLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 23 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 63%

The sentencing of the convicted seasoned playwright Welcome Msomi was deferred once again.

The court also heard from the defence that Msomi was out of hospital after three months of hospitalisation.

Benito Mangolele, Msomi's lawyer, argued that his client was still not well, hence he was unable to appear in court. Mangolele previously told Sowetan that Msomi suffered a major stroke in November that left him paralysed. Msomi was found guilty in October of stealing R8m from the Living Legends Legacy Programme trust account. He was convicted on 61 counts of theft last month following a case of theft that LLLP trustees opened against him.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SowetanLIVE /  🏆 13. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Former soldier who went on shooting spree 'holding state to ransom' with mystery illness claimThe state, in the murder trial of a former SANDF soldier, says it is being held to ransom after sentencing was again postponed due to the accused's alleged illness.
Read more »

Maverick Citizen: Aggett Inquest: Aggett inquest postponed indefinitely after judge admitted to hospitalMaverick Citizen: Aggett Inquest: Aggett inquest postponed indefinitely after judge admitted to hospitalThe Neil Aggett Inquest has been postponed indefinitely. Even as reasons this time round could not be foreseen, it raises once again the issue of inquest delays in general and why the National Prosecuting Authority gets away with dragging its feet.
Read more »

Tokyo Olympics on, organisers say, as virus hits Japan eventsThe Tokyo 2020 Olympics are going ahead, organisers said Wednesday, even as the government called for major events in coming weeks to be postponed, cancelled or scaled back over the new coronavirus.
Read more »

Car theft at UCT rising, 10 stolen so far this yearCar theft at UCT rising, 10 stolen so far this yearA staff member at UCT, who did not want to be named, said when she reported the theft of her car at the local police station, she learnt that hers was not the first to be stolen in the area. CapeTimesSA
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 01:02:35