We share messages of hope from a group of South Africans who recovered from Covid-19
Springbok legend Danie Gerber, his daughter Elanie and wife Elsabe have all recovered from the coronavirus.Today we share messages of hope from a group of South Africans who recovered from Covid-19.22,583 Covid-19 cases. About half of those infected — 11,100 — have recovered. In the Eastern Cape, there have been 1,335 recoveries.Elanie Gerber, 36, the daughter of Springbok legend Danie Gerber, 62, tested positive just a day after her father found out he had contracted Covid-19.
“We were fortunate that we were not experiencing any major difficulties that required us to be admitted into hospital like some people do.Elanie said she had initially suffered from headaches and a slight throat irritation that affected her voice, and later lost her senses of smell and taste. However, she started displaying Covid-19 symptoms about a week later and tested positive for the virus early in April.“This is the kind of thing that needs you to keep yourself calm and pray to God.
“I had no temperature and it never got into my chest, but it did get to my liver and I was terribly nauseous. “They rented one of the old railway houses in Happy Valley and every day he got them all to go for a swim because he was convinced that would help them ward off the virus.She said support from her daughter, Mary, as well as other family members, friends and neighbours had helped her during her quarantine.
She is tough, and she has had to be since the age of 32 when she was first diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma, an extremely aggressive skin cancer.surgery to remove more than 20 tumours from her body at Mediclinic Morningside in Johannesburg, McEwen was given some more bad news — she had contracted coronavirus.
The 41-year-old said while he had been one of the lucky few and experienced only very mild symptoms, fear had gripped him when he considered the people he may have infected before finding out that he had contracted the virus while travelling abroad for work.Before his diagnosis, he said he had joked about Covid-19 on social media, something he now wishes he had not done.
But on Friday he received the news he had so desperately yearned for — he had fully recovered from the coronavirus.From fevers in the first week to becoming desperately ill the next, Nqweni said the virus hit him like a ton of bricks.My head throbbed and my nose would bleed constantly.”“My eyes became sore and I developed mouth ulcers.”“Fortunately I didn’t have to be hospitalised. I was so afraid of going back on a ventilator,” he said.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19 LIVE UPDATES | Eastern Cape battles bed shortage as Covid-19 infections surgeInadequate rural testing and a total disregard for Covid-19 regulations by communities have created a perfect storm for the surge in infections in the Eastern Cape, experts say.
Read more »
19 more Covid-19 deaths in the Western CapeThe Western Cape has recorded 19 more Covid-19 deaths, bringing the total number of deaths from the virus in the province to 267.
Read more »
Covid-19: South Africa's unemployment rate expected to reach 50% as economy keeps plummetingChamber of Commerce says the unemployment rate was at a staggering 29% even before the virus hit and could reach 50%.
Read more »
Covid-19 hits South Africa in the pocketsBuckling under the economic strain brought on by Covid-19, consumers who have been paying more for food will have to fork out even more for petrol, as well as a possible electricity hike.
Read more »
Bidvest and government slammed over Covid-19 donationSMMEs have slammed Bidvest for its Covid-19 protective gear donation to the Gauteng government, saying it denied them the opportunity to grow their businesses.
Read more »