MANILA, Philippines — While it now takes longer for the number of coronavirus cases in the country to double, the Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday advised the public against complacency, saying
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said it would now take five days for the recorded number of coronavirus cases to double, a “marked improvement” given that last week the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases said the doubling time was three days.
She stressed that the public should not see these improvements as permanent given what was happening in other countries, like Singapore, where a second wave of infection had been reported. On questions on why new cases continue to be reported despite the Luzon lockdown, Vergeire explained that the measure’s goal was to keep the daily number of coronavirus cases at a manageable level for the country’s health system.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
DOH: Embrace a ‘new normal’ even after ECQ is liftedThe public should be ready to embrace a “new normal” where physical distancing, cough etiquette and maintaining good hygiene by frequent hand washing is still to be practiced even after the ECQ is lifted by May 1. | DYGalvezINQ
Read more »
DOH: 75 employees, patients infected with COVID-19 at National Center for Mental Health
Read more »
DOH: COVID-19 cases in Quezon City now at 1,062
Read more »
DOH-7: COVID-19 inmate from Cebu City has TBCEBU CITY, Philippines - The 41-year-old inmate from Cebu City Jail who died due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) had preexisting health conditions, the Department of Health in Central
Read more »
‘Doubling time’ of PH coronavirus cases slows to average of 5 days – DOHHealth Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire reminded the public not to be complacent, warning that a relaxation of preventive measures such as physical distancing might bring about another spike in the number of COVID-19 cases. COVID19PH READ:
Read more »
DOH buys ₱1.3 million worth of mechanical ventilatorsThe Department of Health says it requested for the procurement of mechanical ventilators worth ₱1.3 million as part of its battle against coronavirus disease.
Read more »