US school district cyber attack victims fear account thefts

United States News News

US school district cyber attack victims fear account thefts
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 78 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 35%
  • Publisher: 75%

Officials believe the victims' stolen information lies within the hackers' website.

Last week, Rodriguez, a former district assistant principal, received a letter warning her confidential information was stolen in the cybersecurity breach discovered around Nov 1.

"Oh my God, I hope my husband's information is out there," she said."You're looking at people's retirement. It's concerning to us. That's personal information that should be kept private. This is a disaster. Everybody's scared - especially people retired and getting benefits.

"Has anyone gotten someone else's letter from the data security incident that happened at SBCISD?" John M. Escobar posted."I know of several people, including us, that their letter ended up somewhere else! This is not good! Someone is messing up bad! This should be of great concern to all of us! We need to bring it up to the administration.""I got one with someone else's name but my address is in San Marcos!" she posted.

"If you suspect you may have erroneously received a letter or perhaps received one intended for another individual, we respectfully request that you mark the letter as 'wrong address' and return the letter to the return address," Superintendent Theresa Servellon stated.A district investigation found the cyberattack occurred before Nov 1, Servellon stated Friday on the district's website.

From Nov 4 to Dec 16, the district conducted an investigation which found"an unauthorised party gained access to the district's network and took certain files from the district's servers prior to Nov 1," she stated.Then, officials began trying to identify employees and students whose personal information was stolen.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Miss USA R'Bonney Gabriel wins Miss Universe competitionMiss USA R'Bonney Gabriel wins Miss Universe competitionR’Bonney Gabriel, a fashion designer, model and sewing instructor from Texas who competition officials said is the first Filipino American to win Miss USA, was crowned Miss Universe on Saturday night.
Read more »

PSG threaten to quit Parc des Princes after city refuses to sellPSG threaten to quit Parc des Princes after city refuses to sellPARIS, Jan 15 — Paris Saint-Germain yesterday threatened to quit the Parc des Princes ground, which has been their home for almost 50 years, after city officials refused to...
Read more »

S. Korean police seek manslaughter charges over deadly crushS. Korean police seek manslaughter charges over deadly crushSEOUL: South Korean police are seeking criminal charges including involuntary manslaughter and negligence against 23 officials, about half of them law enforcement officers, for a lack of safety measures they said were responsible for a crowd surge that killed nearly 160 people.
Read more »

[Watch] Crows Steals RM1 And Plays “Kejar-Kejar” With People | TRP[Watch] Crows Steals RM1 And Plays “Kejar-Kejar” With People | TRPA small group of people could be seen chasing the crow around a car after it stole money from a roadside stall.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:13:18