Unrest in Gauteng and KZN was a failed insurrection – ANC

United States News News

Unrest in Gauteng and KZN was a failed insurrection – ANC
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 44 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 51%

ANC acting secretary-general Jessie Duarte admitted that some of the people linked to the July unrest were members of her party who allegedly used social media to incite acts of violence. ANC UnrestSA rebuildSA

“It was calculated to cause maximum disruption to the economy and flows of essential goods such as food, fuel, and medicine. The events were preceded by a process of low-level mobilisation and preparation through meetings and social media, including the identification of targets that were indeed affected, as well as calls for the resignation of the NEC and the president.”

“The NWC stressed the need to reaffirm the non-racial character of the ANC and its commitment to building cohesive society in a united, non-racial, non-sexist democratic and prosperous South African nation. The NWC commended the thousands of members of the police service and defence force whose deployment quelled the violence and brought peace and stability to affected communities,’ Duarte said.

“The NWC expressed concern regarding the speed and coordination of the response and urged the government to attend to the capacity, resourcing, effectiveness, and accountability of the security services. The NWC commended the demonstration of lawful people’s power by citizens and organised civil society who rejected these counter-revolutionary actions, in words and actions, and rose in defence of their communities and our constitutional democracy.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

ANC Gauteng top brass meet to finalise Johannesburg mayoral candidateThe Sunday Times reported last week that finance MEC Jolidee Matongo was emerging as the frontrunner to take over as executive mayor following the death of Geoff Makhubo.
Read more »

ANC slams AU on decision to give Israel observer statusANC head of the international relations sub-committee Lindiwe Zulu said her party was astounded and took a dim view of the AU’s decision.
Read more »

ANC say 'cabal' driving anti-poor tensions in Sea Point, SAPS asked to investigateThe ANC has asked Sea Point police for a progress report on all investigations into what they have described as “a cabal”, which they claim is promoting racism, sexism, violence and anti-poor attitudes in the area, and threatening a group of women activists helping the homeless in the area.
Read more »

ANC Free State endorses three names for Mangaung mayor - The Mail & GuardianANC Free State endorses three names for Mangaung mayor - The Mail & GuardianThe three candidates the province has put forward are said to be Ramaphosa supporters, who will further alienate Magashule from his power base
Read more »

Daily news update: ANC integrity commission's report on Mkhize and EFF vs NzimandeDaily news update: ANC integrity commission's report on Mkhize and EFF vs NzimandeHere’s your morning news update: an easy-to-read selection of our top stories. Stay up to date with The Citizen – More News, Your Way.
Read more »

RET lobbyists in the ANC threaten Ramaphosa with jail | CitypressRET lobbyists in the ANC threaten Ramaphosa with jail | CitypressThe RET lobbyists in the ANC have threatened to haul President Cyril Ramaphosa before the International Criminal Court and have indicated their resolve to fight to the bitter end for the control of the governing party and the release of former president Jacob Zuma from jail.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 18:57:49