Unraveling the Abuse Allegations Against Chet Hanks

United States News News

Unraveling the Abuse Allegations Against Chet Hanks
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TheCut
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 51%

“We consider the claims filed by Kiana Parker to be a shakedown. Her claims are completely false, fabricated and fictional,” Chet Hanks’s lawyer said in a statement to the Daily Beast

Chet Hanks. Photo: Shutterstock It is my distinct displeasure to announce that “White Boy Summer” has arrived suspiciously early. I say suspicious because Chet Hanks, architect of this cursed concept, dropped a single of the same name immediately after his ex, Kiana Parker, filed a $1 million lawsuit accusing him of physical and emotional abuse.

While the merch controversy was playing out, Hanks sued Parker for theft and assault. As all of this was unfolding — in the span of like three days — details also began to emerge about the relationship between Hanks and Parker, a Black woman. The pair reportedly began seeing one another in March 2019, but split in January 2021, when Parker got a restraining order against Hanks, alleging that he had repeatedly become violent with her during arguments.

In the lawsuit, Parker points specifically to two alleged incidents in October and December of last year. In the former, she says she was with Hanks in New Orleans when they started to fight. According to court documents, Hanks “grabbed Parker by her wrist and forcefully pulled her to himself,” using “a tight and painful grip” while “demand[ing] they go back to the [hotel] room.” Later, back at the hotel, Parker claims he “became aggressive and hostile.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheCut /  🏆 720. in US

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

'The Music Man' Star Sutton Foster Breaks Silence on Scott Rudin Abuse Allegations'The Music Man' Star Sutton Foster Breaks Silence on Scott Rudin Abuse Allegations'I feel like the only positive outcome is the one that happened,' the actress said a day after the uber-producer said he was stepping back from his Broadway productions.
Read more »

Scott Rudin to ‘Step Back’ From Broadway After Workplace Abuse AllegationsScott Rudin to ‘Step Back’ From Broadway After Workplace Abuse AllegationsProducer Scott Rudin has announced that he will “step back” from Broadway following allegations of abusive workplace behavior, Variety has confirmed. The move marks an extraordinary tur…
Read more »

Scott Rudin Is Stepping Down From More Producing Roles After Workplace Abuse AllegationsScott Rudin Is Stepping Down From More Producing Roles After Workplace Abuse AllegationsScott Rudin has stepped back from his role as producer “in film and streaming” projects, per a statement to Variety Tuesday. Days prior, Rudin similarly announced he would step back “from active participation on our Broadway productions effective immediately.”
Read more »

Scott Rudin 'Stepping Back' From Film, Streaming Work Over Abuse AllegationsScott Rudin 'Stepping Back' From Film, Streaming Work Over Abuse AllegationsProducer Scott Rudin is 'stepping back' from his film and streaming work in the wake of abuse allegations
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 17:06:48