UIF to litigate against companies withholding COVID-19 funds from workers

United States News News

UIF to litigate against companies withholding COVID-19 funds from workers
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 ewnupdates
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 10 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 7%
  • Publisher: 53%

It has emerged that some employers who applied for the special temporary benefit to cover workers’ salaries in light of disruptions to workflows have not distributed the funds as required.

JOHANNESBURG - The Unemployment Insurance Fund on Monday said it could litigate against companies withholding COVID-19 funds from workers to recoup the monies.

Although the UIF has confirmed that the problem of non-payments by employers was not prevalent as yet, those who contravene the agreements will face the full might of the law.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ewnupdates /  🏆 30. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Financial adviser's at Liberty Life cry foul over unpaid Covid-19 relief fundsA group of financial advisers are angry that the Liberty Life Group has failed to keep its promise to pay reliefs as they are unable to earn during the Covdi-19 pandemic. | Day44ofLockdown
Read more »

Embattled St Augustine's and Kingsway hospitals to reopen on Monday after Covid-19 outbreaksEmbattled St Augustine's hospital in Durban and Kingsway hospital in Amanzimtoti are set to reopen their doors on Monday following outbreaks of Covid-19 at the hospital last month.
Read more »

COVID-19: Global cases top 4 millionCOVID-19: Global cases top 4 millionGovernments around the world are trying to stop the spread of the disease while scrambling for ways to relieve pressure on their economies
Read more »

Government keeping information on virus under wraps to 'avoid Covid-19 panic'The government has admitted to holding back information from the public on the Covid-19 pandemic, saying it is doing so to avoid panic.
Read more »

Covid-19 in Western Cape: Province now has 3309 active casesMore than 1600 people have now recovered from the Covid-19 in the Western Cape, the provincial government said on Saturday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 17:38:32