UAE Tour cancelled after two coronavirus cases confirmed eNCA
File: A laboratory assistant works on a test sample of a suspected case of the coronavirus.DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The UAE Tour was abandoned Thursday after two Italian cyclists tested positive for the coronavirus, officials said, with teams and riders reported to be under lockdown in their hotels.
Organisers said that all the participants in the race, that had been due to finish on Saturday, will be tested for the virus which hit Italy hardest in Europe.Coronavirus in SA: Not if, but when says expert"It's a shame that the #UAETour has been cancelled but public health must come first," tweeted British star Chris Froome, a four-time winner of the Tour de France.
With the race abandoned, Briton Adam Yates, who led after five stages, was set to be declared the winner."The final two days of racing are cancelled due to concerns around Coronavirus," tweeted Yates's Mitchelton team.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigeria confirms coronavirus case, first in sub-Saharan AfricaNigeria on Friday announced the first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus in sub-Saharan Africa.
Read more »
Two South Africans in Japan diagnosed with coronavirusTwo South Africans who were working on board a cruise ship in Japan have tested positive for the coronavirus, the health ministry in Pretoria confirmed on Friday.
Read more »
Two South Africans in Japan diagnosed with coronavirusTwo South Africans who were working on board a cruise ship in Japan have tested positive for the coronavirus, the health ministry in Pretoria confirmed on Friday.
Read more »
Iran says it won't quarantine any towns or cities, despite recording the most coronavirus deaths outside of ChinaIran said two people died from the coronavirus the same day it discovered its first case, leaving many questioning the honesty of the official count.
Read more »
Tokyo Olympics on, organisers say, as virus hits Japan eventsThe Tokyo 2020 Olympics are going ahead, organisers said Wednesday, even as the government called for major events in coming weeks to be postponed, cancelled or scaled back over the new coronavirus.
Read more »