Trump OKs sanctions against international tribunal employees

United States News News

Trump OKs sanctions against international tribunal employees
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 AP
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

President Trump authorizes economic sanctions and travel restrictions against international tribunal workers directly involved in investigating American troops and intelligence officials for possible war crimes in Afghanistan without U.S. consent.

“The International Criminal Court’s actions are an attack on the rights of the American people and threaten to infringe upon our national sovereignty,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement. “The ICC was established to provide accountability for war crimes, but in practice it has been an unaccountable and ineffective international bureaucracy that targets and threatens United States personnel as well as personnel of our allies and partners.

“We are concerned that adversary nations are manipulating the International Criminal Court by encouraging these allegations against United States personnel,” McEnany said. “Further, we have strong reason to believe there is corruption and misconduct at the highest levels of the International Criminal Court office of the prosecutor, calling into question the integrity of its investigation into American service members.”A senior administration official said the U.S.

However, ICC prosecutors have shown a willingness to press ahead with investigations into U.S. service members and earlier this year launched one that drew swift U.S. condemnation.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

AP /  🏆 728. in US

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Trump floats baseless conspiracy about 75-year-old Buffalo protester pushed to ground by policeTrump floats baseless conspiracy about 75-year-old Buffalo protester pushed to ground by policeThe president on Tuesday suggested without evidence that a 75-year-old man who was knocked to the ground by police in Buffalo, N.Y., last week during a protest over George Floyd’s death was a member of antifa and that the incident was “a set up.”
Read more »

The elite military club that's scorning TrumpThe elite military club that's scorning TrumpPeter Bergen writes that it has been extraordinary to see over the past week the flood of public criticism of President Donald Trump for his handling of the protests over the death of George Floyd coming from so many of the United States' leading retired generals and admirals, including unprecedented criticism from four who have served in the post of top ranking military officer in the nation: chairman of the joint chiefs.
Read more »

Trump Claims 75-Year-Old Man Shoved By Buffalo Police May Be An Antifa AgitatorTrump Claims 75-Year-Old Man Shoved By Buffalo Police May Be An Antifa AgitatorTrump seemingly references a report by the conservative news outlet, One America News.
Read more »

Trump Isn't the Only ProblemTrump Isn't the Only Problem'Getting one man out of his position of power will not change the trajectory of racism and police brutality in this country or the systems of power that allowed him to rise to the top.' –ryanpascal_
Read more »

Trump, Citing ‘Conservative Treehouse,’ Says Injured Man Set Up Buffalo CopsTrump, Citing ‘Conservative Treehouse,’ Says Injured Man Set Up Buffalo CopsLast week, a Buffalo cop shoved a 75-year-old man to the ground. President Trump is pushing a wild theory about what happened without any evidence
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 12:01:28