'The game is still on', says Bung in face of Hajiji's claim

United States News News

'The game is still on', says Bung in face of Hajiji's claim
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 75%

KOTA KINABALU: Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin has refused to concede defeat amid claims by Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor that he has the support from 44 assemblymen to stay on as Sabah Chief Minister.

KOTA KINABALU: Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin has refused to concede defeat amid claims by Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor that he has the support from 44 assemblymen to stay on as Sabah Chief Minister.

"It's okay ... game is still on," The Sabah Barisan Nasional chief said to reporters after arriving at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport here from Kuala Lumpur on Sunday ."We are still waiting for the Prime Minister to come around 8pm tomorrow night. "He is going to see us , Parti Warisan and Gabungan Rakyat Sabah . We will talk about it then," Bung Moktar said, adding Barisan chairman and Umno president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi would also fly in at 7pm on Monday.

Hajiji had earlier told reporters outside his official residence in Sri Gaya here on Sunday that he has the support of 44 assemblymen, four more than the 40 seats needed for a simple majority in the 79-member state assembly.The GRS chairman also claimed that statutory declarations have been submitted to Sabah Governor Tun Juhar Mahiruddin during a meeting on Saturday evening."Out of the 44 assemblymen, a total of 29 were GRS members, Pakatan , Barisan and PAS, one.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Dakwaan Bung Moktar tidak berasas, Hajiji masih sah Ketua Menteri-GRSDakwaan Bung Moktar tidak berasas, Hajiji masih sah Ketua Menteri-GRSGRS menolak dakwaan Datuk Seri Bung Moktar bahwa Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor tidak mempunyai hak sebagai Ketua Menteri Sabah.
Read more »

Five Sabah Umno reps voice support for Hajiji, call for Bung's resignationFive Sabah Umno reps voice support for Hajiji, call for Bung's resignationKOTA KINABALU: Five Barisan Nasional assemblymen have come out to publicly announce support for Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor as Sabah Chief Minister while calling for Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin to step down as Umno chairman on Saturday (Jan 7).
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:24:42