One of the patients was killed. The teenager was also a patient at the hospital.
A Soweto teenager has been charged for allegedly stabbing two patients at Bheki Mlangeni Hospital in Jabulani, Soweto. The incident took place at the hospital on Friday.
National Prosecuting Authority Gauteng spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane said the teenager made his appearance in the Protea Magistrate’s Court on Monday.“The matter was remanded for a psychological and criminal capacity assessment to be conducted. He is currently at a place of safety until his next court appearance on 18 May,” said Mjonondwane.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Teen arrested for stabbing elderly men in psychiatric wardAn 85-year-old man was stabbed to death at Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital in Soweto when he and another elderly man were attacked in the hospital’s psychiatric ward.
Read more »
Teen arrested for attack on elderly men in psychiatric wardAn elderly man was stabbed to death, while another was left injured at Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital in Soweto after they were both attacked in the hospital’s psychiatric ward. Police spokesman Cpt Mavela Masondo said a 17-year-old suspect was arrested after he stabbed the two men. He said it was not yet clear why the teenager attacked the pair.
Read more »
COVID-19: Two KZN hospitals reopenThe private facilities were closed last month after patients and staff tested positive for COVID-19.
Read more »
Medical association rejects call to enforce hospital quarantine for Covid-19 patientsThe South African Medical Association in the Western Cape has rejected a government call to put people who have tested positive for Covid-19 under quarantine in field hospitals
Read more »
WATCH: CoJ rolls out sanitisation tunnels at Bara taxi rankJoburg mayor Geoff Makhubo hopes to roll out these sanitisation tunnels at all taxi ranks across the city to keep taxi operators as well as commuters safe.
Read more »
CPUT students left in the lurch after lockdown robberies at residenceCPUT) is unable to explain how it will assist students who lost their belongings during a burglary at a university residence during the Covid-19 lockdown break. TheCapeArgus day46oflockdown
Read more »