Afrikaans singer Steve Hofmeyr has apologised for his comments regarding the LGBTQIA+ community after the South African Human Rights Commission dragged him to the Equality Court and demanded R500,000.
“During the past 11 months, a lot was said and Equality Court proceedings followed a video I posted on my Facebook profile in which, among others, I criticised a policy decision by the international media company Walt Disney Incorporated for the latter's decision to attribute sexual identities to their movie characters.
“I made a comment about the LGBTQIA+ community that caused a lot of upset in many circles. I acknowledge that the comments which led to the Equality Court proceedings were hurtful to members of the LGBTQIA+ community. “I regret the hurt and offence caused as a result of the comments and apologise unconditionally to members of the LGBTQIA+ community, as well as any other member of [the] public who was offended by my comments,”He said his attorney informed him the complaint laid by the SAHRC and OUT LGBT-Well-being was settled and his settlement will be made an order of the Equality Court in the coming days.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Disappointed England 'under no illusions'Coach Steve Borthwick and captain Ellis Genge accepted England had been given a huge reality check following a record-breaking defeat by France on Saturday.
Read more »
Disappointed England 'under no illusions'Coach Steve Borthwick and captain Ellis Genge accepted England had been given a huge reality check following a record-breaking defeat by France on Saturday.
Read more »