SRC trial recap: Latheefa defends release of Najib’s phone recordings
Former MACC chief Latheefa Koya has defended her release of 9 phone recordings involving high-profile individuals such as former prime minister Najib Razak during the SRC International trial last week. – The Malaysian Insight pic by Seth Akmal, March 8, 2020.to publicise nine phone recordings of high-profile individuals, including Najib Razak, saying it was done in the public’s interest.
Latheefa, who resigned as MACC chief last week, told the SRC International trial that she wanted to set an example against future cover-ups of criminal activities by the attorney-general or persons from the Prime Minister’s Office or the MACC. Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one week free access!
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Azam Baki tipped for top postPUTRAJAYA: The top post in the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is set to return to a civil servant with Latheefa Koya’s resignation.
Read more »
Muhyiddin jadi PM sebab pilih Najib, kata Dr Mahathir | The Malaysian InsightWalaupun Najib Razak dan pemimpin Umno lain kini sedang dibicarakan mahkamah, katanya.
Read more »
Family members, journalists gear up for MH17 criminal trial tomorrow | The Malaysian InsightIt will only be know tomorrow if the four perpetrators will be present or tried in absentia.
Read more »
Ukraine welcomes upcoming MH17 trial, says envoy | The Malaysian InsightOlexander Nechtaylo says trial is an important milestone to establishing justice for victims and families.
Read more »
Najib defends Ku Nan over wealthHe calls on Mahathir and Anwar to explain as Ku Nan reportedly made his wealth during their first stint in Cabinet in the 90s.
Read more »
Najib defends Ku Nan, claims his wealth acquired in the 90sPETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has defended Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor's wealth, claiming he acquired it from shares he held in various companies back in the 90s.
Read more »