Spanish parliament rejects request to investigate King Juan Carlos

United States News News

Spanish parliament rejects request to investigate King Juan Carlos
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 fmtoday
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 72%

Former monarch was reported to have received US$100 mil from Saudi Arabia's king 12 years ago. FMTNews

Spain’s former monarch was reported to have received US$100 mil from Saudi Arabia’s king in 2008.

La Tribune wrote last week that Juan Carlos, who was king at the time, received US$100 million from Saudi Arabia’s king 12 years ago, and later gave $65 million to Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, a businesswoman whose close relation with Juna Carlos led to his abdication in 2014. According to a statement sent to EFE news agency by zu Sayn Wittgenstein’s lawyer Robin Rathmell, she “received an unsolicited gift” from Juan Carlos for her and her son.

“I am surprised that there are political parties that are again asking for a committee of inquiry when they know that there is no constitutional room for it,” said Adriana Lastra, the Socialists’ spokeswoman in parliament.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

fmtoday /  🏆 5. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Dutch king apologises for 'excessive violence' in colonial IndonesiaDutch king apologises for 'excessive violence' in colonial IndonesiaJAKARTA (Reuters) - Dutch King Willem-Alexander apologised on Tuesday for the 'excessive violence' inflicted on Indonesia during his country's colonial rule, the monarchy's first such admission of regret to the Southeast Asian nation.
Read more »

Dutch king apologises for excessive force during Indonesian warDutch king apologises for excessive force during Indonesian warIn 2013, Dutch govt apologised for mass killings by its army in the 1940s war of independence. FMTNews
Read more »

Dutch king apologises for violence during Indonesian independence warDutch king apologises for violence during Indonesian independence warJAKARTA: Dutch King Willem-Alexander apologised to Indonesia on Tuesday for “excessive violence” during the former colony’s independence struggle in the 1940s.
Read more »

All ministers sworn in before the king | The Malaysian InsightAll ministers sworn in before the king | The Malaysian InsightAfter taking their oaths, they then signed the official instrument of appointment.
Read more »

Muhyiddin leaves Istana Negara after audience with KingMuhyiddin leaves Istana Negara after audience with KingKUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin was seen leaving Istana Negara at 12.35 pm Monday (Mar 9) after having an audience with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah.
Read more »

Tiong King Sing turns down deputy minister post, absent from swearing-in ceremonyTiong King Sing turns down deputy minister post, absent from swearing-in ceremonyKUCHING: Progressive Democratic Party (PDP) president Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing has turned down his appointment as deputy national unity minister, says the party's secretary-general Datuk Nelson Balang.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:04:03