South Korean sect leader apologises over coronavirus spread

United States News News

South Korean sect leader apologises over coronavirus spread
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 27 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 75%

SEOUL (AFP): The leader of a secretive South Korean sect linked to more than half the country's 4,000-plus coronavirus cases apologised Monday (March 2) for the spread of the disease.

Shincheonji head Lee Man-hee's plea for forgiveness came after Seoul city authorities filed a murder complaint against him for failing to cooperate in containing the epidemic.

At services Shincheonji members sit close together on the floor and pray extensively in what critics say creates an ideal environment to spread viral infections. "What parent would stand by and watch when there is such a scary disease that could even lead to death? Wouldn't they try to fix it?" Under South Korean law prosecutors can make their own decision on whether to act on complaints filed to them, and Yonhap news agency reported that the Seoul City request had been assigned for investigation.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

South Korean sect leader apologises over coronavirus spreadGAPYEONG, South Korea: The leader of a South Korean sect linked to more than half the country’s 4,000-plus coronavirus cases apologised Monday for the spread of the disease.
Read more »

Sabah extends entry ban to S. Korean travellers from March 1 | The Malaysian InsightSabah extends entry ban to S. Korean travellers from March 1 | The Malaysian InsightAll Sabahans returning from the virus-hit country are subject to a mandatory 14-day home quarantine.
Read more »

Travel ban only for visitors from two Korean districts, says Health MinistryTravel ban only for visitors from two Korean districts, says Health MinistryNSTnation: “This ban, however, would not affect travellers from Daegu and Cheongdo who had left the two areas for more than 14 days before arriving in Malaysia,
Read more »

S. Korean sect leader's apology over coronavirus spread televised liveSeoul has asked prosecutors to press charges, including murder, against him and 11 other sect leaders. FMTNews SouthKorea
Read more »

Sabah expands entry restriction for travellers from South Korea starting March 1 | Malay MailSabah expands entry restriction for travellers from South Korea starting March 1 | Malay MailKOTA KINABALU, Feb 29 — Foreigners and Malaysian who are non-residents of Sabah with recent travel history to South Korea within the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter the state with immediate effect starting tomorrow, said Sabah State Secretary Datuk Safar Untong. He said any Sabahans,...
Read more »

Vietnam to suspend visa free travel for South Koreans amid concerns over Covid-19 outbreakVietnam to suspend visa free travel for South Koreans amid concerns over Covid-19 outbreakHANOI: Vietnam will suspend visa-free travel for South Korean travelers starting from Saturday (Feb 28) amid concerns about the coronavirus spreading, the country's National Steering Committee for Covid-19 (coronavirus) Prevention and Control announced at a meeting.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 22:32:39