Solskjaer says Man United would back league suspension over coronavirus

United States News News

Solskjaer says Man United would back league suspension over coronavirus
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 16 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 75%

(Reuters) - Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said health concerns must be the top priority and that the club would back a suspension of Premier League matches over the coronavirus pandemic.

Italy's Serie A has been suspended while France's Ligue 1 and Spanish La Liga games are being played without fans as Europe grapples with the outbreak that has killed over 4,000 people globally and infected more than 119,000.

"Yes I'd understand it in the circumstances," Solskjaer told reporters ahead of Thursday's Europa League last 16 first leg at Austria's LASK, which is being played without fans. Several international sporting events have been affected by the virus which originated in China last year.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Health DG confirms M'sian man at religious gathering also down with Covid-19Health DG confirms M'sian man at religious gathering also down with Covid-19CORONAVIRUS | In a related development, a Suhakam commissioner has also been infected with coronavirus.
Read more »

Man Utd v LASK in Europa League to be played in empty stadium(Reuters) - Manchester United's Europa League last-16 tie against LASK will be played in an empty stadium due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Austrian Bundesliga side said on Tuesday.
Read more »

Covid-19 cases go up by 12, total now 129: PMOCovid-19 cases go up by 12, total now 129: PMOCORONAVIRUS | It also says case 87 has recovered from the illness.
Read more »

Health Ministry to conduct trials on three-hour Covid-19 swab test kitsHealth Ministry to conduct trials on three-hour Covid-19 swab test kitsCORONAVIRUS | The new test kits can produce results with higher accuracy, says the director-general.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 20:16:54