(Reuters) - A Saudi Arabian businessman is leading bidding to watch the latest chapter in Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's celebrated rivalry in global soccer with a 10 million riyals ($2.66 million) offer for a ticket to a showpiece game.
The Saudi government's entertainment arm said on Twitter that Mushref Al-Ghamdi, general manager of real estate group AqarOne, was the leader so far in an auction ending on Jan. 17.
The Jan. 19 game in Riyadh will be the pair's first on-pitch meeting since Juventus beat Barcelona 3-0 in December 2020.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Soccer-Al Nassr say Ronaldo has no clause in contract to support Saudi World Cup bid(Reuters) - Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr have denied reports that Cristiano Ronaldo has a clause in his contract where the Portugal forward is to serve as an ambassador for the Gulf country's 2030 World Cup bid.
Read more »
Soccer-Messi scores on return as PSG extend Ligue 1 lead(Reuters) - Lionel Messi celebrated his return to competition after the World Cup by scoring a second-half goal as Paris St Germain extended their Ligue 1 lead to six points with a 2-0 home win against Angers on Wednesday.
Read more »
JPJ eBid: VKH and AMV number plates up for bidding - paultan.orgJPJ has announced that VKH and AMV are the next number plate series to go up for bidding on its online auction platform, JPJ eBid. WP Kuala Lumpur’s latest running number series is ‘VKH’, and …
Read more »
Soccer-Burn and Joelinton fire Newcastle into League Cup semisNEWCASTLE, England (Reuters) -Second-half goals from defender Dan Burn and Brazilian Joelinton helped Newcastle United beat Leicester City 2-0 on Tuesday to earn a spot in the League Cup semi-finals.
Read more »
Soccer-Rashford double helps Man United reach League Cup last fourMANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Marcus Rashford was on target for the sixth successive match in all competitions as his late double helped Manchester United beat third-tier Charlton Athletic 3-0 to reach the League Cup semi-finals on Tuesday.
Read more »
Soccer-Coventry City takeover approved by EFL(Reuters) - Businessman Doug King has become the new majority owner of Coventry City, the English second-tier Championship side said on Tuesday.
Read more »