Six confirmed dead from collapsed China hotel used as quarantine site

United States News News

Six confirmed dead from collapsed China hotel used as quarantine site
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TimesLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 23 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 59%

The hotel began to collapse on Saturday evening.

As of 11:30 a.m. Beijing time on Sunday, authorities had retrieved 43 individuals from the site of the collapse, the ministry said.

Of that total, six have been confirmed dead, 36 have been sent to the hospital for care, and one individual has been deemed in need of no medical treatment, according to the ministry's Weibo post.According to state media outlet Xinhua, the owner of the building, a man with surname Yang, has been summoned by police.

The building's first floor had been under renovation at the time of the collapse, the news agency said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TimesLIVE /  🏆 28. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Don’t blame China for coronavirus, says Chinese ambassador to SAThe Chinese ambassador to South Africa, Lin Songtian, pushed back against suggestions his country should carry sole responsibility for Covid-19.
Read more »

WATCH: China quarantine hotel collapse kills fourWATCH: China quarantine hotel collapse kills fourThe building's owner has been summoned by police.
Read more »

Money Makeover podcast: How to change your finances in six monthsMoney Makeover podcast: How to change your finances in six monthsIn the first of our monthly City Press/Absa Money Makeover podcasts, we chat to Absa financial adviser Steven Williamson about how he guided last year’s winner, Samkelisiwe Ngubane, to turn her finances around in just six months.
Read more »

No SA returnee from China is infected with coronavirus – LinChina's ambassador added that screenings were taking place from all airports in China to ensure that there were no slip-ups.
Read more »

No evidence coronavirus originated from China, says ambassador LinChinese ambassador to SA Lin Songtian pushed back against suggestions his country should carry sole responsibility for the coronavirus.
Read more »

16 students quarantined in Limpopo after returning from ChinaThey were under strict lockdown in China, where they were thoroughly quarantined and tested before being repatriated.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 02:54:20