Search continues for six Cape fishermen missing since last week

United States News News

Search continues for six Cape fishermen missing since last week
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 51%

Search operations continue for the six fishermen believed to be missing at sea after their boat capsized last week Thursday.

Cape Town - Search operations continue for the six fishermen believed to be missing at sea after their boat capsized between Mouille Point and Oudekraal.

An abandoned semi-submerged inflatable boat was located two miles off-shore at Mouille Point Lighthouse and is believed to be the craft that the 13 men had been on."The man who raised the alarm and who had come ashore at Clifton was not injured and revealed that an additional three men had come ashore and were not injured and they were accounted for," he said.

A rescue swimmer was deployed from the helicopter and secured one of the men, and sea rescue craft rendezvoused at that location and secured one man who was taken onboard a sea rescue craft. "During an ongoing search the body of one man was located and recovered onto a sea rescue craft and the body of the man was brought to NSRI Bakoven and taken into the care of the Government Health Forensic Pathology Services and police attended at the scene and have opened an inquest docket."Police spokesperson Captain FC Van Wyk confirmed that investigations and search operations are still underway.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Drama at Chippa United as coach Norman Mapeza quits the Eastern Cape premiership sideChippa United coach Norman Mapeza resigned on Monday night, just less than two days after steering the team back to winning ways
Read more »

Western Cape authorities braced for 'when - not if' coronavirus strikesThe provincial health department says it is prepared for when - not if - the novel coronavirus rears its head locally. CapeTimesSA
Read more »

Drama at Chippa United as coach Norman Mapeza quits the Eastern Cape premiership sideChippa United coach Norman Mapeza resigned on Monday night, just less than two days after steering the team back to winning ways
Read more »

Cape Town refugee crisis: City turns to government for solutionCape Town refugee crisis: City turns to government for solutionVarious government departments will hold talks with the city later today.
Read more »

IN QUOTES | Western Cape officials on state of readiness to deal with coronavirusIN QUOTES | Western Cape officials on state of readiness to deal with coronavirus
Read more »

WATCH | EFF members assault security at Eastern Cape legislatureEFF MPLs and supporters used their hardhats to beat up security personnel who had been instructed to eject MPLs for wearing their trademark red overalls to the Eastern Cape legislature on Tuesday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 07:00:13