Saudi princess pleads for release from high-security prison

United States News News

Saudi princess pleads for release from high-security prison
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 YahooSG
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 38 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 71%

Princess Basmah bint Saud, an outspoken royal family member, was detained in March last year just before she was due to travel to Switzerland for medical treatment.

A prominent Saudi princess jailed without charges made a rare public appeal to the king and crown prince on Thursday for her release from a high-security prison, citing her"deteriorating" health.

"As you may be aware I am currently being arbitrarily held at Al-Ha'ir prison without criminal, or otherwise any charges," the princess wrote in a letter published on her verified Twitter account."I have not received medical care or even response to the letters I dispatched from jail to the Royal Court."The princess claimed she was"thrown into prison" after being"abducted without an explanation" along with one of her daughters.

It was unclear how the princess was able to tweet from inside Al-Ha'ir, a high-security prison close to Riyadh known for holding political prisoners. The government has yet to officially comment on the crackdown, which raised fears of government instability.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

YahooSG /  🏆 3. in SG

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

No respite in Yemen war a week after Saudi ceasefire announcedNo respite in Yemen war a week after Saudi ceasefire announcedNEW YORK (NYTIMES) - Despite some optimism for new talks, antagonists in Yemen's five-year-old war have basically ignored a Saudi-led unilateral ceasefire announced a week ago, UN officials said on Thursday (April 16), warning that relief money for Yemen is running out just as the coronavirus has invaded.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen to be released due to coronavirus outbreak: SourcesEx-Trump lawyer Cohen to be released due to coronavirus outbreak: SourcesMichael Cohen, the former personal attorney to U.S. President Donald Trump, will be released early from prison because of the coronavirus ...
Read more »

Britain's Princess Beatrice cancels wedding amid coronavirus: Media reportsBritain's Princess Beatrice cancels wedding amid coronavirus: Media reportsLONDON (REUTERS) - Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Princess Beatrice and her fiance Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi have cancelled their royal wedding due to the lockdown in the United Kingdom amid the coronavirus pandemic, media reports said on Thursday (April 16).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Man who dined out on bak kut teh while on stay-home notice pleads guilty in first such caseMan who dined out on bak kut teh while on stay-home notice pleads guilty in first such caseSINGAPORE: A man who breached his stay-home notice to go out to run errands and eat bak kut teh pleaded guilty on Thursday (Apr 16) to exposing ...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:05:36