SAHRC sets out Equality Court case against 'no same-sex' wedding venue Beloftebos

United States News News

SAHRC sets out Equality Court case against 'no same-sex' wedding venue Beloftebos
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 51%

SAHRC has filed an application against Stanford wedding venue Beloftebos and its owners for allegedly discriminating against same-sex couples. CapeTimesSA

Cape Town – The SA Human Rights Commission has filed an application against Stanford wedding venue Beloftebos and its owners for allegedly discriminating against same-sex couples.

Beloftebos first made headlines in 2017 when it allegedly refused to host Alexandra Thorne and Alex Lu, telling them this was because they “only host heterosexual marriages”.Sasha-Lee Heekes and fiancée Megan Watling wanted to celebrate their marriage at Beloftebos in April next year, but the owners allegedly refused, saying Christianity did not allow same sex marriage.

“There is a clear need for us to intervene. This case is so that no other businesses, not just wedding venues, will apply unfair, discriminatory practices,” Gaum said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Fashionista, 27, in court victory against retail giantA Durban fashionista caught in an employment battle between two trendy retail giants walked out of court victorious this week.
Read more »

Malawi facing fresh election in May after court rejects 2019 voteMalawi facing fresh election in May after court rejects 2019 voteMalawi's parliament has cleared the way for fresh polls in May after a top court overturned last year's elections results that returned Peter Mutharika to power.
Read more »

Mother collapses as Sibusiso Dakuse's alleged kidnapper/killer appears in courtHout Bay residents filled court 4 in the Wynberg magistrate's court on Monday where a 23-year-old man, who allegedly kidnapped and murdered 13-year-old Sibusiso Dakuse, made a brief appearance.
Read more »

Court lifts suspension of accounting authority board membersThe labour court has lifted the suspension of board members of the accounting authority and now they may resume duties at the construction education and training authority (Ceta).
Read more »

Top court questions surveillance laws - The Mail & GuardianTop court questions surveillance laws - The Mail & GuardianJustice Chris Jafta says Rica legislation is one of the ‘worst drafted’ laws he has ever seen.
Read more »

Twitter torn after Lady Zamar opens rape case against SjavaTwitter torn after Lady Zamar opens rape case against SjavaLady Zamar was allegedly raped by Sjava after the two musicians performed at the Royal Heritage Festival in Limpopo in 2017, Sunday World has revealed.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:40:48