Reagan Gertse's family break down in tears as they face accused in court

United States News News

Reagan Gertse's family break down in tears as they face accused in court
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 SowetanLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 38 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 63%

A 58-year-old man on Tuesday appeared in he Tulbagh magistrate's court in the Cape winelands for the murder of an eight-year-old boy whose body was found in bushes on a river bank at the weekend.

A 58-year-old man on Tuesday appeared in he Tulbagh magistrate's court in the Cape winelands for the murder of an eight-year-old boy whose body was found in bushes on a river bank at the weekend.

Petoors's court appearance was hampered by angry community members and continuous outbursts from Gertse's emotional family who sat in the court gallery. State prosecutor Kezia Lackay had to apply for the matter to be postponed in absentia as the situation in court was too volatile to continue with the accused in the room.Gertse had gone missing at the weekend, allegedly with an older man.He was due to be released in 2024, but has since forfeited his right to apply for bail.

“His legal aid lawyer, a Mr Byleveld, agreed with magistrate Pieter Klazen that although the accused has not applied for bail now, his application — when he decides to do so — will be unsuccessful as he has breached his parole conditions,” he said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SowetanLIVE /  🏆 13. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

'His baby sister will grow up without a big brother,' says family of murdered Tulbagh boy as neighbour arrestedThe family of Reagan Gertse has been left reeling after he was found murdered on Sunday.
Read more »

Helen Mirren says Harry and Meghan stepping down is a 'loss' to the royal familyHelen Mirren is the latest celeb to weigh in on Harry and Meghan's decision to step down as senior members of the royal family.
Read more »

Married for three months, husband accused of stabbing wife to deathA 28-year-old KwaZulu-Natal man who is accused of stabbing his wife to death will appear soon in the Verulam magistrate's court.
Read more »

DJ Zinhle says she is fine after AKA break-upThe star has broken her silence on her break-up with rapper, AKA.
Read more »

Another parolee to appear in court after death of Tulbagh boy, 8The suspect, Jacobus Pistoors, 53, had been out on parole for four months and was living with Reagan’s stepfather, Ricardo Davids’ parents, two shacks away. CapeTimesSA
Read more »

Fighting between Turkey and Syria escalates as refugees mass at border to EuropeIn Syria, Turkish troops shot down two Syrian warplanes after the Syrian military downed a Turkish drone, a major escalation in the direct conflict between Syrian and Turkish forces.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 00:36:01