Rare calm in Syria's Idlib after ceasefire deal

United States News News

Rare calm in Syria's Idlib after ceasefire deal
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TimesLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 59%

Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman reported 'a complete absence of regime and Russian warplanes in the Idlib airspace'.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group and AFP correspondents in Idlib province said the truce that came into force at midnight appeared to be holding.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the two main foreign brokers in the nine-year-old conflict, reached a deal after hours of talks in Moscow on Thursday. A Russian-backed government offensive on the last rebel bastion in the country has killed hundreds of civilians since December and displaced close to a million people.

A regime strike last month in Idlib resulted in the deaths of 34 Turkish soldiers, the heaviest loss of personnel for Ankara since its military intervention in Syria.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TimesLIVE /  🏆 28. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Coronavirus: Ramaphosa calls for calm after SA's first confirmed caseCoronavirus: Ramaphosa calls for calm after SA's first confirmed casePresident Cyril Ramaphosa says South Africa is prepared to deal with Covid-19.
Read more »

Uneasy calm in protest-hit Barberton after two leaders appear in courtThe last violent act happened in the early hours of Wednesday when the civic centre in Umjindini was set alight.
Read more »

Zweli Mkhize appeals for calm as SA reports first coronavirus caseHealth minister says SA has only one case so far ; rand drops to its biggest loss in more than four months
Read more »

Mkhize urges calm amid first confirmed Covid-19 case in South Africa - The Mail & GuardianMkhize urges calm amid first confirmed Covid-19 case in South Africa - The Mail & GuardianThe health minister tells MPs tests are being conducted on people who may have come into contact with the Durban man who tested positive for the virus.
Read more »

WATCH LIVE | Parliament debates coronavirus as first case detected in SAIn a statement on Thursday, health minister Zweli Mkhize said the National Institute for Communicable Diseases confirmed that a suspected case of Covid-19 had tested positive.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 05:21:41