The former Bachelorette had interviewed Harrison on 'Extra' when he defended a contestant accused of racism. He stepped aside soon after.
But before Kirkconnell published an apology, Harrison insisted to Lindsay that the public should have given her “grace” and “understanding” after photos showing her at the “Old South” party emerged online. He called the 24-year-old a “poor girl” and criticized the “woke police.”
When Lindsay questioned Harrison on what it would have meant for her ― a Black woman ― to attend an “Old South” party, Harrison conceded that Lindsay was “100% right in 2021,” but he charged that that party was likely not seen as offensive in 2018 ― three years ago.in February that he was temporarily stepping away from the franchise after the interview aired.
Lindsay said on “Extra” earlier this week that she believes the mounting criticism toward Harrison, in addition to her interview, led to his permanent exit. “I think several past contestants coming forward and saying they didn’t want him to be part of ‘Paradise’; I think Katie Thurston, her very last tweet before she went to film her season was that Chris needed to step away ― I think that, coupled with the interview that happened on this very stage, maybe led to him not coming back,” Lindsay said, according to People.
Thurston, the star of the current season of “The Bachelorette,” tweeted a statement supporting Lindsay in February and slammed those who attacked the “Extra” host over her interview with Harrison.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Rachel Lindsay Responds to Chris Harrison's Bachelor Franchise Exit - E! OnlineRachel Lindsay is speaking out about Chris Harrison ending his role as host of the Bachelor franchise. The exit follows his Feb. 9 interview with Rachel, for which he later apologized.
Read more »
Chris Harrison Leaving ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise For Good After Dramatic Exit NegotiationsIt’s official: Chris Harrison will never return to “The Bachelor” franchise, Variety has confirmed. Harrison’s departure comes following a media spectacle of a controversy t…
Read more »
Chris Harrison Quitting 'Bachelor' Duties for Good Following Racism ControversyChris Harrison is officially out of the 'Bachelor' franchise following his racism controversy.
Read more »
Chris Harrison Breaks Silence on His Exit From Bachelor Franchise - E! OnlineHours after reports circulated that Chris Harrison was officially leaving the Bachelor franchise, he took to Instagram to confirm the news—and bid farewell to Bachelor Nation.
Read more »
Chris Harrison Will No Longer Host 'The Bachelor'After 19 years with the franchise, the famous host is exiting amid ongoing controversy.
Read more »
Chris Harrison Exits ‘Bachelor’ Franchise; Rose Withers On 19-Year Run As Host After Racism ControversyEXCLUSIVE: Just hours after the 17th season of The Bachelorette debuted, long-time host Chris Harrison has exited the romance franchise for good. Having fronted the Mike Fleiss-created The Bachelor…
Read more »