Palace insiders accused the Duke's private office of 'operating in a silo' as it emerged Her Majesty was only made aware of the prime time interrogation after it had been set up.
The Queen did not give her approval for the Duke of York's BBC interview about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein.
Serious questions were being asked at the Palace about why the duke had been exposed to a no-holds-barred interview without any preconditions attached. It left him having to answer repeated questions about whether he had ever had sex with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, an Epstein sex slave, when she was 17, or with other young girls.
Meanwhile, the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children distanced itself from the duke, former patron of its Full Stop campaign, after he said his role meant he "knew what to look for" if children were being abused. The charity toldRoyal insiders left little doubt on Sunday about the level of anger among Palace staff at the duke's decision to grant the BBC interview, and about the advice he was given.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Prince Andrew says he has 'no recollection' of meeting accuserBritain's Prince Andrew says he does not remember meeting Virginia Roberts, one of disgraced US financier Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims, who says she was forced to have sex with the Royal.
Read more »
Prince Andrew says he has 'no recollection' of meeting sex accuserPrince Andrew has told BBC television he has 'no recollection of ever meeting' an American woman who alleges she was forced to have sex with him while underage.
Read more »
'I let the side down': Prince Andrew speaks out about Epstein, GiuffreAndrew told the BBC in an interview scheduled to be broadcast on Saturday, London time, that he has 'no recollection' of meeting Virginia Roberts Giuffre.
Read more »
Prince Andrew denies 'playboy' reputation in BBC interviewThe Duke of York has denied that he ever deserved his reputation as a "playboy" prince in an interview with BBC Newsnight&x27;s Emily Maitlis.
Read more »
Prince Andrew rues Jeffrey Epstein stay, denies having sex with a teenager, and remembers pizzaThe Duke of York has responded to questions on the Jeffrey Epstein scandal and allegations he had sex with a 17-year-old girl in 2001.
Read more »
Prince Andrew denies claims of Epstein accuser in rare interviewPrince Andrew has offered a detailed rebuttal to claims he had sex with a woman who says she was trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein.
Read more »