NSTsports: The PremierLeague will hold emergency talks on Friday “regarding future fixtures” in light of the pandemic, which has shut down football and other sports around the world. coronavirus COVID19 EPL
Arsenal’s match at Brighton was put on hold after Arteta’s diagnosis sent the London club into lockdown, while Chelsea’s players and coaching staff were also ordered into isolation.
Hudson-Odoi, 19, is the first Premier League player confirmed to have the virus. He displayed cold symptoms on Monday morning and has stayed away from the club since then. Arsenal’s training ground has been closed and their players and staff have gone into self-isolation following Arteta’s positive test.“This is really disappointing but I took the test after feeling poorly. I will be at work as soon as I’m allowed,” Arteta said.British Prime Minister Boris Johnson had said the government was “considering the question of banning major public events such as sporting fixtures“, but was not ready to do so yet.
Manchester City said one unnamed member of their squad, reportedly France defender Benjamin Mendy, is in self-isolation after a family member suffered a respiratory illness. It is a similar picture across the continent. In Italy, Europe’s worst-hit country, Serie A has suspended matches until at least April 3 and Juventus defender Daniele Rugani has been quarantined.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Arsenal manager Arteta struck with Covid-19, Premier League clubs to meetCORONAVIRUS | The Premier League is under pressure to suspend matches as fear over the outbreak spreads.
Read more »
Premier League matches to be played in empty stadiums - reportLONDON (Reuters) - All Premier League and lower division matches in England are to be played without spectators amid the coronavirus outbreak, the Times reported on Wednesday.
Read more »
Premier League matches to go ahead as normal despite coronavirus spreadLONDON (Reuters) - English soccer has defied the global trend of postponing sports events by announcing that a full round of fixtures with spectators present will go ahead as planned this weekend despite the continued spread of the coronavirus.
Read more »
Neymar leads PSG into Champions League quarters as banned fans gather outsidePARIS: Paris Saint-Germain players celebrated with supporters gathered outside the ground after Neymar set them on their way to a 2-0 win over Borussia Dortmund behind closed doors on Wednesday, taking them through to the Champions League quarter-finals 3-2 on aggregate.
Read more »
We’ll back league suspension, says SolskjaerUnited boss says main concern must be health of the public. FMTNews Coronavirus Covid19 ManchesterUnited LeagueSuspension
Read more »